Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this before, but it was wrong. Here are correct instructions:

Turn on the radio and then turn off.
Press 1 and 6, both at the same time. Firmware version will appear.
Then pressing keys 1 to 6 will show hidden menus.
There are several options: change radio region, rds parameters, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (BMN @ Jul 5 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339017
I posted this before, but it was wrong. Here are correct instructions:

Turn on the radio and then turn off.
Press 1 and 6, both at the same time. Firmware version will appear.
Then pressing keys 1 to 6 will show hidden menus.
There are several options: change radio region, rds parameters, etc.
No funciona, :innocent: solo sale la version

¿Pudes explicar mejor ,como se entra en los menus y para que es cada cosa?

¿En estos menus , se puede configurar, el cierre centralizado?

muchas gracias

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hola, parece extraño pero unas veces me deja entrar y otras no. Prueba lo siguiente: enciende la radio y quítale todo el volumen. Después la apagas y sigues el resto de las instrucciones: 1+6, y luego 1 a 6 para entrar en los menús. Si esto no te funciona, prueba a darle a 1+4, 1+5 y luego vuelve a intentarlo. Yo finalmente creo que el truco es bajarle todo el volumen. Ya me contarás. Pongo fotos de los menús.
Hi, finally my trick not always works. You can try this: turn on your radio, turn the volumen all off. Turn off the radio and press 1+6 and then press 1 to 6 for enter in each menu. Here are photos of the hidden menus:
Mi version de firmware
My firmware version
[attachment=19263:DSCF4372.JPG]
Menu oculto presionando 1
Hidden menu pressing 1
[attachment=19264:DSCF4371.JPG]
Menu oculto presionando 2
Hidden menu pressing 2
[attachment=19265:DSCF4373.JPG]
Menu oculto presionando 3
Hidden menu pressing 3
[attachment=19266:DSCF4374.JPG]
Menu oculto presionando 4
Hidden menu pressing 4
[attachment=19267:DSCF4375.JPG]
Menu oculto presionando 5
Hidden menu pressing 5
[attachment=19268:DSCF4376.JPG]
Con el menu oculto 6 puedes cambiar la region de la radio, incluso una versión que lleva bluetooth, pero lo he probado y el bt no funciona
With hidden menu 6 you can change radio region, even a version europebt with bluetooth, but bluetooth doesn´t work
[attachment=19269:DSCF4377.JPG]
[attachment=19270:DSCF4378.JPG]
[attachment=19271:DSCF4379.JPG]
[attachment=19272:DSCF4380.JPG]
[attachment=19273:DSCF4381.JPG]
[attachment=19274:DSCF4382.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
@BMN

Its not like that always,

My HU was a Non RDS one and i was able to able to activate it, but still not able to find out the exact combination of keys to be pressed.

When you press 1 and 6 it will shows the Firmware verion of HU and in my case its VER M08 S71 D29 but after this if you press any button no other hidden menus comes.
But when you press some other button combination the firmware version displays like this VER M58 S71 D29 and after this if you press the buttons 1-6 hidden menus appears.

I'm still unable to find out the exact combination of button to be pressed to reproduce the display VER M58 S71 D29

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was able to change my HU region to Europe, so the RDS feature is enabled. It's nice to see your Local FM station name too in the Display.

But i was not able to reproduce the combination until today for the benefit of others ..

1. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

2. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29, immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

3. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

4. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.

Note: when you press only 1FF and 6 it shows a different Version display like
VER M08 S71 D29, in which you cannot enter the setup.

There are other parameters can be changed after you enter into the setup, but its not worth it, so i'm not mentioning here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
FATC (fully automatic Temperature Control) - Self diagnostic

If you have FATC (fully automatic Temperature Control) equipped in your i20 , you can run a self-diagnostic to make sure the components related to it working properly.

To get into the self diagnosis mode

1. Put the key into the ignition hole
2. Turn the key into ON position so the dashboard lights illuminates (No starting of engine)
3. Press and hold the OFF button, then press the MODE button more than 4 times within 2seconds
4. The you can see the Display unit of a/c illuminates like in the video and display codes starts blinking.
5. Now the diagnosis starts
6. press the A/C button to proceed to next step
7. after completion it will come into the original condition
8. Incase if you wants to quit anytime press OFF button

Here are the other codes which will display if any of the component related to F.A.T.C malfunctions.

00 = Normal
11 = In-car temparature sensor open
12 = In-car temparature sensor short
13 = Ambient temparature sensor open
14 = Ambient temparature sensor short
17 = Evaporator temparature sensor open
18 = Evaporator temparature sensor short
19 = Temparature control actuator feed back open
20 = Temparature control actuatore failure
21 = Mode Control actuator open
21 = Mode control actuator short
22 = Mode control actuator failure
25 = Intake potentiometer open
25 = Intake potentiometer short
26 = Intake potentiometer failure

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (i20 Asta @ Jul 10 2010, 11:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340481
I was able to change my HU region to Europe, so the RDS feature is enabled. It's nice to see your Local FM station name too in the Display.

But i was not able to reproduce the combination until today for the benefit of others ..

1. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

2. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29, immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

3. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

4. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.

There are other parameters can be changed after you enter into the setup, but its not worth it, so i'm not mentioning here.

i20Asta - you rock... this worked perfectly!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Airconditioner Temperature Unit Conversion
[attachment=19662:picture1.png]

Turn the key to ON position(Till the dash board lights illuminates)

Press and Hold OFF Button then Auto Button ,till the display changes from °C to °F. Repeat the same to Change back to °C.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
IX 35 Hidden radio code for the South African version, tried to activate RDS but could not get further than the pressing 1 and 6 together, only code version menu A-200 LMP V1 02.GEN LM20EG58, no option to change

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (PieterR @ Mar 31 2011, 02:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=423321
IX 35 Hidden radio code for the South African version, tried to activate RDS but could not get further than the pressing 1 and 6 together, only code version menu A-200 LMP V1 02.GEN LM20EG58, no option to change
The iX35 in South Africa does not have the RDS facility and it cannot be set to the Europe like the i20 and i 30.

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (PieterR @ Mar 31 2011, 11:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=423321
You are right Pressing 1 and 6 shows only the version, to change the region you need to read the below quoted msg from Post #5.

QUOTE (i20 Asta @ Jul 10 2010, 03:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340481

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for much useful information about the radio ! In my manual for the "old" i20 it is very sparse about radio info and no pictures from the display that would ease the settings that are available in the original menu...

Is it possible that You , Asta have some info on how to "freeze" the DX (distant transmitter reception) that appears when doing a station search ? When the search is done the "DX" dissapears :eek:(
This "DX" would be very handy to have in my area as there are some very good stations at some distance that can be heard when the radio is momentary in the "DX"-mode.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts