Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure anyone has had this problem but hopefully someone can help me out.

Car is a 2003 Tiburon V6 auto, its a friends car and I believe it has an electrical issue.

Problem statement:
Car's radio has no power, won't turn on and doesn't display anything. If you turn on the headlights the radio illumination comes on and the clock illuminates as well. Noticed that the clock also doesn't display anything, and the dome lights don't work. Passengers headlamp keeps burning out after about 2 months with a new bulb. Not sure all these issues are related but I just want to get the radio and clock working.

Troubleshooting:
I removed the clock and radio today and checked the connections. All seemed fine. However, I didn't tighten that grounding bolt up behind the radio. Didn't think it would be loose. Is that the ground for the radio and clock? I did check fuses and radio fuse seemed fine, checked amp fuse as well and it was fine.

Anything else to check or ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Issue fixed with lights/radio/clock. Room fuse blown. Went through 4 more fuses, had to pull radio dash apart and tighten the ground screw up behind. Replaced fuse and got things working again. Dash is back together.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts