Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i bought a new radio on those deal a day sites with all the good stuff. Touch screen blue-tooth etc
My question is there is a bunch of AV cables in the back of the radio and I Need help knowing what they do they are labelled accordingly:
Camera
Aux in video
subwoofer
Front L
Front R
Aux in L
Aux in R

Then there is a small amount of wires 3 saying steering1, steering2. steering gnd

Any help would be great. I bought the metra din and other stuff for the radio just want to know what those AV cables do and how to properly connect them Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
Ignore the steering wires, those are inputs if you have steering wheel audio controls.  Tape them up and out of the way, you don't need them.

Sounds like your RCA'S are mostly some sort of video or audio input. Unless you have a backup camera or want to plug in a DVD player or something, I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you running an amp? If connecting an amp,check your radio's owner's manual and see which one of the RCA's you need if you have an amp. Assuming the subwoofer line. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
That would be a good suggestion. :grin:  

By the time I even place an order for some gizmo, I've already read the manual if I can find one to see what it does. But I have no life.  :banana:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know guys that would be great if the radio wasnt an indonesian company and the owners manual has nothing on the wiring lol
facepalming myself lol so thats why i asked thanks anyways

·
1,565 Posts
Camera and sub seem pretty self explanatory but the camera is the video input to display a camera on your screen and the sub uotputs unamplified signal to a separate amp for a subwoofer. The aux in video is for like portable dvd or vhs players or PS2's or overhead screens with built in dvd players. Front L and R are for your L and R speakers if you have amps for them or whatnot. The Aux in L R is for the audio feeds for the aux input, they also work with the AUX video in to connect the A/V cables up (you know the yellow,red, and white cables everyone has behind their tv's, or used to before HDTV). Like Hoosier says, ignore the steering wires. You don't have controls for those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (accentJM @ Sep 22 2010, 12:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357910
Hey guys i bought a new radio on those deal a day sites with all the good stuff. Touch screen blue-tooth etc
My question is there is a bunch of AV cables in the back of the radio and I Need help knowing what they do they are labelled accordingly:
Camera
Aux in video
subwoofer
Front L
Front R
Aux in L
Aux in R

Then there is a small amount of wires 3 saying steering1, steering2. steering gnd

Any help would be great. I bought the metra din and other stuff for the radio just want to know what those AV cables do and how to properly connect them Thanks
Camera - Rear view cam. There's usually a wire that you also have to tap into back-up lights to auto switch to cam when in reverse. If you're not using a cam, leave this alone
Aux in video - video in from dvd player / game system / anything
subwoofer - outputs specifically for a sub amp (only because you head unit probably has a sub level control, which adjusts the voltage of these outputs)
Front L & Front R - output for amp, ideally for the front speakers
Aux in L & Aux in R - input from dvd / game / etc. you can also run a headphone to rca cable to this, to make a universal aux input from anything with a headphone jack.

If you don't have an external amp, you'll want to just use the harness with 8-12 wires coming from it. Get a wiring harness for your car, and wire the car harness to the radio harness. also, since you have a screen, make sure you ground the head unit VERY well. the stock 14 gauge wire is NOT a strong enough ground for a screen. if there's a parking brake wire (by law, screens are only supposed to be operational while vehicle is in park), just ground that wire too. It's a quick bypass that the manufacturers leave in to make it easier.

What head unit is it anyways?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its called AVA AVD-338T an indonesian company headunit. I got it for 200 bucks on DODtracker.com that deal a day site. I hope its worth the money ill keep you posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts