Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this forum, I have a 02 Sonata, not sure it matters for my question, but my problem is that the FM does not work on it. The CD works, and AM works, but no FM reception, just static.....just stopped playing.

Any Idea as to what the problem is, is there a booster of some sort, the antenna seems to be plugged in, the only thing I can think of is there is a resistor of some sort that blew on it.

Any input would be well appreciated.

Thanks

Gerry :)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
:00000732:

I'm going to move this on over to the Sonata section for better exposure. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I would ventur the radio is done on the FM end...

You can pull the radio out, unplug antenna, and use piece of wire as antenna as test.. they told us at body electric school to just stick probe from test light in the center hole, and use the cord as antenna.. If it works, you gots an antenna issue, if not, radio concern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't be so sure it is the radio. It may be a frequency issue stemming from bad spark plug wires. This can be diagnosed at night time with a spray bottle of water. First take off the plastic engine cover and spray the wires, then trun the car on and watch for blue/white arching lights. give it a shot...its easier than removing the radio! :whistling:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts