Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 3.3L Limited with the Nav system. Sometimes when I start the car the radio/nav display is locked up and will only display the Hyundai logo. During this lock-up, the radio still works. Using the steering wheel selectors I can switch beween station presents, between radio bands, and can change XM radio stations as well. The USB flash drive will not play any music during the lock-up. If I turn the car off then turn it on again, the problem goes away. This lock-up typically happens once every few weeks.
Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I'd say it's time for a visit to the dealer. There were all kinds of problems with the nav units on the 2009 when they first came out. Look/search through some of the older threads here and you will see that lots of people had issues whihc usually ended up with the unit being replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with this solution (I also have seen the ESC light come on and it won't reset unless I shut the car off) is that the dealer can't do anything unless the condition is present when they look at it. So I have to wait until it occurs (and I'm doing nothing else important) until I can bring it into the dealer.
I'm interested to see if anyone else has experienced this.
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (sonatarama @ Aug 17 2010, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349958
I have a 2009 3.3L Limited with the Nav system. Sometimes when I start the car the radio/nav display is locked up and will only display the Hyundai logo. During this lock-up, the radio still works. Using the steering wheel selectors I can switch beween station presents, between radio bands, and can change XM radio stations as well. The USB flash drive will not play any music during the lock-up. If I turn the car off then turn it on again, the problem goes away. This lock-up typically happens once every few weeks.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I think there is a recall running for NAV units... send me VIN via the messages button

VEHICLES AFFECTED:

2009 Sonata vehicles equipped with the Navigation System that were sold between September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.

PART NAME PART NUMBER ---> Navigation Unit 00201-F9005 FLT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts