Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I got my 2014 elantra detailed three days ago, and when I got my car back the radio was dead. Pressed the on button for audio, nothing happened. Display doesn't come on for backup camera either. I checked the fuses and they were good. I called back the detail shop to let them know what happened and they offered to take a look at my car for me, but they said they'd have to keep it for a few hours. I researched and saw that my radio may need to be reset with a code but there is no prompt asking for a code, just a black screen. I'm a bit tempted to skip the detail shop and take it straight to the dealership and have them fix it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any help/advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I wouldn't let them start monkeying with things they don't understand, take it to a dealer and present the detail outfit with the repair bill. The dealer should be able to verify what might have caused the fault. After all the detail shop probably isn't qualified to troubleshoot your cars electronics. You don't want to let them make things worse.

·
Registered
161 Posts
sounds like they got water on electronics and fried some of them. Do what prior poster said, good advise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts