Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my engine replaced under warranty and when I got it back, the minutes on the clock change every 8 seconds or so. I was told by the Hyundai mechanic that the radio is going bad. Doesn’t make sense to me as it was fine before the engine was replaced. I feel like it has to be related to the work that was done (electrical, computer issue). Anyone else have this issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would start by pushing the minute button to see if it's stuck. If not, disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Do you have a navigation unit with integrated clock or the separate clock above the radio?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would start by pushing the minute button to see if it's stuck. If not, disconnect and reconnect the battery.

Do you have a navigation unit with integrated clock or the separate clock above the radio?
I don’t have either. To set the time you push the setup button, go to clock, and change the time. It’s all digital using just the setup, arrow up and down, and enter buttons. I don’t have the navigation unit. It’s a 2011 Sonata Limited with Bluetooth and Sirius/XM. Thanks for inquiring. Dealer said radio is going bad. Not sure I’m buying it since it was working fine before they worked on it but I’m not going to bitch because the engine replacement was at no cost because of a recall issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was working fine before engine failure and replacement. Telling me the radio is going bad, I’m calling BS. I’m going to try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting and see what happens. I may post a video. 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts