Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2008 Hyundai accent and yesterday when I got in the car it made a loud static noise then I turned it off because it was loud and when I turned it back on I had no sound but it made a noise like I had plugged my phone into a speaker. It then made no noise for the remainder of my trip but when I got back home it made the loud static noise again. My radio still has power. My father thinks it’s the radio itself. Is this right? And if so do I have to get a specific radio to replace it?

·
Banned
7,037 Posts
Radio is likely fried. Get one from the junkyard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the fuse? I tried to look myself but my dad and I couldn’t get them out because of how close together they are.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
You really don't need to take them out to test them! AUTOSPARK, will you advise him/her on the correct procedure to test the fuses?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,084 Posts
AUTOSPARK, will you advise him/her on the correct procedure to test the fuses?
I'd be happy to...
If you look closely at the fuses you will see that each one has two little terminals on top. To test the fuses switch the ignition on then take a voltmeter or test light and probe the two little terminals on top of each fuse. Make sure you have the same voltage on both terminals of each fuse. If you find a fuse that has 12V on one terminal and something different on the other the fuse is blown.....

It doesn't sound like a fuse problem though. It might be a shorted speaker circuit, so you might not want to fit another junk yard unit or you'll fry that one too.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can I check the speaker circuit? I don’t have the car right now since it’s in for inspection but I should have it back soon an I’m not a fan of driving in silence so I’d want to get this fixed as soon as possible.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,084 Posts
How can I check the speaker circuit?
You'd need to remove the radio, disconnect it's wiring connectors, then set your multimeter to the lowest Ohms scale and connect it across each pair of speaker wires. Confirm that the resistance reading you get on the meter closely matches the impedance of the speakers...usually 4 Ohms. You would then connect the meter between ground and each pair of speaker wires to make sure none of the speaker circuits have a short circuit to ground. This test should show open circuit, so the meter should display OL.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts