Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I went to our local refuse centre. They have erected a barrier to prevent vehicles (vans) over a certain height from entering without being challenged.As I went under this barrier at walking pace, the aerial of my I10 hit the barrier. At the time, I was listening to the Radio, MW 909. As soon as the aerial hit the barrier, I lost the MW 909 signal and all other MW stations. I turned the radio on and off and was still unable to listen to MW. I switched the radio to FM and struggled to get any stations. Anyway, over the past few days, the radio appears to be back to normal, although MW still occasionally fades in and out (it never did this before). I've checked the aerial for any obvious signs of damage but cannot find anything. Does anybody know why the aerial simply hitting a barrier at walking pace (something that happens when I go in most multi-story car parks these days) would cause the MW signal to go? Do you think I should ask dealer to replace aerial under warranty? Has anybody else suffered anything like this?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi kingsy and :00000732: to the forums.

I would go to your dealer and tell them that the radio reception is not very good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The bendy metal bit inside the rubber is probably broken. Tell the garage that you have tried a screw on aerial from another car and it worked. Otherwise they might decide to replace the radio itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts