Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this will help others if we post questions and answers in this thread. I have few that i cant find anywhere.

1) Q: Navigation, dont the have passcode protection for home address? My MDX does and its great. Example if park with valet or car get stolen, they can't find your house with GPS unless you put in your code.
A: ?

2) Q: Wiper sizes
A: Front wipers are 26" & 16"
Q: What size is rear wipers?

3) Q: GTS w/ technology, driving information disply, trip mileage is set to reset on fueling but dont seem to work. There are two area, accumulated and drive. Not sure how the information are calculated.

Help answer or post new questions.

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Registered
48 Posts
3) Q: GTS w/ technology, driving information disply, trip mileage is set to reset on fueling but dont seem to work. There are two area, accumulated and drive. Not sure how the information are calculated.
============================
I looked many times to find any information in the Users Manual about the Trip Computer. I kept missing it. However, I found the User Manual in PDF which makes it easier to find things. Look around at page 3-79. Here is the link to the manual in PDF. Easier to read, too, then the book. It's too large to attach:

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/myhyunda...018/Elantra GT/2018_Hyundai_Elantra-GT_OM.pdf

Gary

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I found the pdf too but couldnt post. Anyway seem that the miles trip dont automatically reset with refueling, just the MPG.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1) Q: Navigation, dont the have passcode protection for home address? My MDX does and its great. Example if park with valet or car get stolen, they can't find your house with GPS unless you put in your code.
A: Don't set The "Home" preset to your actual address. Use the nearest major intersection. I do the same for my child's school and friends/family. If it's a confusing sub division I use the whole block number. (3400 main street, instead of 3418 Main street.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have set to intersection like you did but still not as safe as code protect.

I have to test the homelink to see if you can open garage door if car power is off.

I wonder if anyone had hacked the system to allow custom setup?

The GT technology package is still impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts