Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to all the new fangled tech items in my 2012 Sonata, so this might sound dumb, Can you use the xm radio and the nav system at the same time?? Also on another item, on the window sticker, just under where the car was sent to (ie. dealer name and location) it says PR Press Fleet, can anyone shed some light on this??

·
Registered
578 Posts
I am new to all the new fangled tech items in my 2012 Sonata, so this might sound dumb, Can you use the xm radio and the nav system at the same time?? Also on another item, on the window sticker, just under where the car was sent to (ie. dealer name and location) it says PR Press Fleet, can anyone shed some light on this??
You can use XM and Nav at the same time but can only view one at any given moment. They operate on different frequencies and have separate antennas.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
To use the nav, press the MAP button on the radio. When you change radio stations, a little blue banner appears for a few seconds as you change stations or adjust volume. If you have a route programmed and you are underway, you can press the satellite radio button to see the XM screen (channel, title, artist, etc), and the NAV still runs in the background, offering directions as needed.
Another fun NAV fact. You can set the map to show "north is always up", or "car's direction is always up" (where the map rotates as you turn). You change between the two by pressing the little compass icon on the top left for more than a second. If you are set to show the "arrow" pointing up all the time, the little compass icon will show the direction (N,S,E,W) you're heading.

A car with a destination of Press Fleet was originally intended to be delivered to corporate for distribution to journalists for car reviews. If the car has only a few miles on it (a couple of hundred or less), it was very likely diverted from the press fleet to a dealer that needed the car for a special order or to replenish inventory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts