Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2014 Accent (Middle Eastern specs), and I had a couple of questions regarding some of its features (I should say the lack of some features :D).
Both of my questions are about the wipers multifunction switch, I noticed that it doesn't have the INT feature. It only has OFF, Low, and High. Also, I noticed that when I pull the switch, the water nozzles come on, but the wipers don't.
So what I'm asking is, can I add the INT feature, and fix the wiper/nozzle issue just by replacing the switch? does it need any additional wiring?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I just took a peek at the North American RB Accent schematic diagram for the wiper circuit.. There's more to it than just the switch on the stalk. The INT function uses an electronic module that controls the wipe time. This module also turns on the wipers for a specified time when the wash is activated.

I'm not sure what wiring is present in your Middle East Accent, so it's difficult to say how hard it would be to install the module and new switch. I suspect it would be a fairly big job.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'll have to adapt to the lack of intermittent wipers, even though I think they're important. One other question, my car has the projector headlights with the LED strip that's supposed to be a DRL, but it doesn't work, it only turns on when I turn the parking lights. Is this like a programming/computer feature that can be enabled at my local Hyundai dealer, or is it more complicated?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Can't help with the headlights. There is no schematic for projector headlights available for North American models. (There will be some time, because we're getting them here for '14). (DRL's do require a dedicated electronic control module).

PS -- I took another peek at the wiper system... It appears that the electronic interval timer module is built into the stalk itself. You might be able to buy a stalk equipped with the delay and have it installed. But I don't know if the wires and the connector are the same or not. I've attached the North American schematic below.. You can see the timer (marked PCB ) at the bottom of the diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I contacted my Hyundai dealer, and the guy said that the stalk is available. He said it's going to cost me around 56$ for the part, and around 50$ for the installation! Is installing the stalk that difficult? Because the price he's asking for the installation is ridiculous. Can I install it myself? The information that I've been getting online about the steering column area is a bit vague. Some are saying that I have to remove the steering wheel in order to be able to remove the stalks, is that true?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
According to the Hyundai service manual, you don't need to remove the steering wheel. The instructions are as follows:

Code:
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
2. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
3. Disconnect the connector.  Release the lock of wiper
   switch using tool without removing steering wheel.
4. Remove the wiper and washer switch.
I'm not sure what tool is required in step 3...

·
Registered
22 Posts
If anyone ends up doing this switch mod/replacement let us know how it went! I am also interested in the INT selection for the rear wiper. I killed my rear wiper in less than a year since I had to use LOW all of the time :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts