Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.3 motor, because of our slim cartridge oil filter, would a oil filter adapter plate for the senders work? Or is there another way to install?

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I don't understand your question. I Googled oil filter adapter plate and got some things that look like they're made for spin-on oil filters. The Sonata DOES NOT have a spin-on oil filter; it's a canister unit. If you're looking for the place to add an oil pressure sending unit to the 3.3L, it's reasonably accessible but I think as a practical matter you have to remove the manifold-like thing that the oil pressure sender screws into; there's just not enough room in there to get a wrench on the sender. You'd probably need an oil pressure extension line so you could locate the new sender someplace where it fits; the factory sender's pretty slim. I found such an extender at a site that specializes in classic VW's.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Thanks, marthinius, for the correction; I'd forgotten the 2.4L has a spin-on oil filter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand your question. I Googled oil filter adapter plate and got some things that look like they're made for spin-on oil filters. The Sonata DOES NOT have a spin-on oil filter; it's a canister unit. If you're looking for the place to add an oil pressure sending unit to the 3.3L, it's reasonably accessible but I think as a practical matter you have to remove the manifold-like thing that the oil pressure sender screws into; there's just not enough room in there to get a wrench on the sender. You'd probably need an oil pressure extension line so you could locate the new sender someplace where it fits; the factory sender's pretty slim. I found such an extender at a site that specializes in classic VW's.
That's why I was asking, because of our canister what can be used if not the oil filter adaptor plate. Thanks, gonna go google for an oil pressure extension line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts