Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks! My dad has a 2016 Tuscan. He usually gets a new car every few years since he retired. He is older now and thinks his 2016 will be his final car. He likes the turbo and the good gas mileage. He has not owned a car more than 4 years for a couple decades and he is a little skittish about keeping it though. He has not even bought a new set of tires in 20 years! He worries about problems like water pumps, door switches and god knows what else. I suggested that since his Tuscan was still under its 5/60K b2b warranty, perhaps that can be warranty can be extended to 10/100K b2b. I know I can do that with my Subaru...so long as it still under the ORIGINAL warranty

Does Hyundai do that? He is hesitant to call the dealer...has a bad experience years back. I said if he can even still get one, maybe he could buy it from any dealer....? He wondered if this could be bought directly through Hyundai somehow. My siblings were even thinking of chipping in and buying it for him.

I want to decide soon...I saw him looking at CAR SHEILD and almost fell out of my chair! We ONLY want the genuine Hyundai warranty.

So...he bought the car new in 2016. It has 42K on it. It will be 5 years old in 4 months. Does anyone have any details on what he might be able to do...for how long...and for how much?

Thanks!

·
Registered
736 Posts
You probably have to check with the dealer who you bought from. When my warranty ran out recently, I got a letter from the dealer where I purchased it with extended warranty offer. I did not care for it so I threw it away without looking at it thought

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...I found a Hyundai Platinum contract. Anyone have it. Does it pretty much extend my bumper to bumper 5/60 or are there things not covered? The brochure is not explicit. Example...if a power window switch goes...is that covered? A power door lock? The alternator? Etc. Is it comprehensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts