Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using the Bluelink start feature for about a month and we have noticed that sometimes the car stays running 15 - 20 min. But other times it shuts off in 5 - 10 min. Anyone have this happen as well ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS there something that turns it off or is it you sending the command and it is just delayed that long?
Once the bluelink app says it has completed the command of starting, I go look to see that it has started(The hazzards flash on and off untill you get in the car and push the brake) then I go out side to load up kiddos and sometimes its still running or it has stopped running. So one day it took abit to get out to the car about 15 min and it was still running. Then I started it 2 days ago and went outside in 5 min and it was off after confirming it was running.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I thought the book said it would run 5 or 10 minutes and shut off if you don't enter the car and "officially" start it. If it still does that, take it in and have it checked. That's what a warranty is for. ;-)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I haven't had the need to USE the remote start yet, but with winter coming I'll be using it a lot. In just playing around with it, I noticed when my phone is displaying that the signal is being sent, it will stay in this mode for a couple minutes. Sometimes 3-4 minutes. Each time I've played with it, the car started, but the Blue Link app showed it was still sending the signal. I eventually received the text stating the car started. The app continued showing that it was still working sometimes for a couple minutes after the car started. Each time the car shut off in 10 minutes. I don't like the flashing lights though. It draws too much attention to an unoccupied, and running car.

Also remember to make sure your doors are locked prior to activating the remote start, or remote start won't work.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I haven't had the need to USE the remote start yet, but with winter coming I'll be using it a lot. In just playing around with it, I noticed when my phone is displaying that the signal is being sent, it will stay in this mode for a couple minutes. Sometimes 3-4 minutes. Each time I've played with it, the car started, but the Blue Link app showed it was still sending the signal. I eventually received the text stating the car started. The app continued showing that it was still working sometimes for a couple minutes after the car started. Each time the car shut off in 10 minutes. I don't like the flashing lights though. It draws too much attention to an unoccupied, and running car.

Also remember to make sure your doors are locked prior to activating the remote start, or remote start won't work.
I always lock the doors, even when it's sitting in the driveway at home or if I'm just going into the store for 2 minutes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
usually only 10 minutes for me. I use it and don't car about the flashing lights. pretty handy when at night to quickly spot my car in a parking lot. i usually unlock my door and putting my daughter in the car seat and have to throw my keys in the driver seat beforehand. Car usually run maybe 10 seconds with the door open before it turns off if it doesn't sense the key in the car. So that's good to know not worrying someone breaking in and stealing my ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts