Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Matthew and this is my first post here. Looks like I'm going to be picking up a 2016 sonata hybrid limited at the end of this week. I've been doing some research and am trying to figure out how I'm going to lower this car.

I'm only looking for about 1.125" - 1.5" all around for aesthetics. I've found a few brands that offer lowering springs but just springs, no cup kits.

Is my only option to run something like the RS series coilovers by D2?

If I'm going to lower a car with springs(preferred), I'm going to do it properly with aftermarket socks as well. I would really hate to have to make a $600.00 or so jump to coil overs just because I can't find aftermarket shocks for this car.

Oh, I plan on running niche m131 targa 19"s.

Thanks for your input and time!

-Matthew

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,767 Posts
Hey guys, my name is Matthew and this is my first post here. Looks like I'm going to be picking up a 2016 sonata hybrid limited at the end of this week. I've been doing some research and am trying to figure out how I'm going to lower this car.

I'm only looking for about 1.125" - 1.5" all around for aesthetics. I've found a few brands that offer lowering springs but just springs, no cup kits.

Is my only option to run something like the RS series coilovers by D2?

If I'm going to lower a car with springs(preferred), I'm going to do it properly with aftermarket socks as well. I would really hate to have to make a $600.00 or so jump to coil overs just because I can't find aftermarket shocks for this car.

Oh, I plan on running niche m131 targa 19"s.

Thanks for your input and time!

-Matthew
For all of the LF (2015-2018) you only have 2 choices lowering springs (megan -$ 160, ARK $ 260, Storm $ 240, D2 or from online stores like K5Optima there are Eibach from Kenetic as well as the others already mentioned, no one is making aftermarket shocks at this time so your other choice is coilovers and there are about 3-4 making them starting at about $ 800.

If all you want is to lower it mainly for looks use springs, megan get good reviews and are inexpensive 1.5" front and 1.15 rear drop.
The Eibach from Kenetic have great reviews for ride quality etc but are much more mild lowering results at about 0.85" front and rear.

I bought a set of Megan off Ebay but decided not to use them yet and just resold them. Im probably going to do tires and wheels first and then lower with coilovers to get the adjust ability and exact end result I want without a specific set drop based on springs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts