Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2011 sonata that was kind of a hand me down/gift from a friend. I have a question about it, my title states that it is a 2011 Hyundai Sontata Limited/SE. SO here is my question, what exactly do I have?? My friend (not the one I bought it from) thinks I have a turbo vehicle because of the 18 inch wheels, the dual exhaust and the paddle shifters, but there is no badge or ID anywhere on the vehicle to indicate that it has a turbo. It is one of the earlier model 2011 it was actually made in july of 10. it is equipped with the smart key, but doesn't have the sunroof or any of the navigation or anything like that. Any ideas?? I am wondering if maybe the certificate of origin had the car ID'd wrong and that is why my title says what it say....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Open the hood and look... you'll know if it a turbo by looking at all the extra plumbing, and the "GDI - TURBO" on the top engine cover..

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds like an SE to me. Limited would have sunroof and turn signals on the side mirrors and leather seats. On the SE the seats are part leather and part cloth unless the previous owner upgraded it to all leather which is kinda doubtful. SE has paddle shifters also, don't think limited has those. As far as the dual exhaust goes those don't only come on turbos they are also on the non turbo SE. Like someone mentioned just pop the hood to tell if it is a turbo.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
OP,

Check the following things on the car and do a process of elimination

Areas to check: steering wheel, exhaust outlet(s), and side mirror covers.

The car is an SE if: Steering wheel has paddles on back, 2 oval exhaust outlets, and side mirror covers do not have led signal markers on the back.

The car is a Limited if: Steering wheel does not have paddles on back, has a single exhaust outlet with chrome finisher, and side mirror covers have led signal markers on back.

Now if the car is a Turbo (2.0 T) then both the SE and Limited models have dual exhaust outlets and steering wheel paddles. However, the mirror differences carry over from the NA to the turbo models.

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts