Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on tirerack for some aftermarket rims and it shows that we need a tps (Tire Pressure Sensor) installed (insane price). I'm just wondering what you all have done and if you installed the TPS, and if there really is one on the GLS model.

From experience at the shop TPS are useless gimmicks that just cause people all kinds of trouble. We have to replace them all the time and the TPS light never goes out, even the dealers say the same thing!

I just don't want to worry about some silly TPS light on my dash if (really more like "when") I install aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thank the .GOV, Firestone, FORD MOTOR CO, lazy people who dont keep up with maintanance, drive like ding-a-lings, have blow-outs and roll their vehicles and kill people for the mandated TPMS system on your vehicle..

Removing sensors from wheels will cause the TPMS light to illuminate, as the module is looking for (4) registered serial numbers via the antenna at each wheel..

Find the TPMS module and unplug it.. I do not recall if it will cause any grief with other modules or not, would need to look at ETM and see if it is stand alone, or CAN lined to other modules for some sort of inter-module communications.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have aftermarket rims on the Sonata now and I didn't bother swapping the TPMS sensors over to the aftermarket rims. I figured I can live with the light in the summer time and durring the winter when I put the stockers back on I will have my TPMS system working.

Good Luck and if you can deal with a little light it's all you will have...no chimes or buzzers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Had them switched over when I had my new rims put on. Rather have the feature than not, even if I could disable the light. Plus the shop that did the install did it for free. Win / Win

1 - 4 of 4 Posts