Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a guy who likes to rev match downshift, but find it hard to do so in this car. I find I have to floor it and hold it for a split second to blip the revs. I do this cause if done properly you are always in the right gear ready to speed out of danger. Can other owners tell me if they have similar reactions with the car. Maybe a dead throttle is part of the fuel efficiency thing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dead throttle is due to the fuel efficiency stock tune. And because we don't come with too many horses. I just give the motor a second to engage and THEN gas it 100%.
but yes, when shifted too quickly, the response can be quite choppy, like if the car didn't catch the shift.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I just feel the dead throttle when I start in first gear, there is always a delay for the engine to react when I press the gas pedal, when not used to it the engine stalls. The other gears seem fine once the car is in movement.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah the car has a major delay... sometimes i still stall like a newbie.

I might try that deadzone removal mod this summer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find if I am parked and rev the engine it does so without pressing on the gas pedal so much. But if I am moving I find I have to press it a lot more. Oh how I miss the days of a manual throttle linkage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts