Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phone only has bluetooth handsfree functionality and is getting pretty old. So, I decided it's probably about time for an upgrade. One of the phones I'm considering is obviously an iPhone.

Today during lunch I had a coworker synch his iPhone. We tried out the streaming functionality, which works, but I noticed that the interface on the touch screen is different (I usually play music from my USB thumb drive). While I gained the play/pause/rewind/fastforward controls, I lost all the other controls (random, etc) as well as the music information (artist, filename, song title, etc). So then we thought that maybe this is just the way it is for bluetooth streaming, so we tried to hook it up with the iPod cable. Unfortunately, his case would allow for the cable and it would be a lot of trouble to take off.

Can anyone with an iPhone and nav system tell me if the touch screen media controls are different when you're streaming versus plugged in directly?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (vewdew @ Jul 2 2010, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338310
My phone only has bluetooth handsfree functionality and is getting pretty old. So, I decided it's probably about time for an upgrade. One of the phones I'm considering is obviously an iPhone.

Today during lunch I had a coworker synch his iPhone. We tried out the streaming functionality, which works, but I noticed that the interface is different (I usually play music from my USB thumb drive). While I gained the play/pause/rewind/fastforward controls, I lost all the other controls (random, etc) as well as the music information (artist, filename, song title, etc). So then we thought that maybe this is just the way it is for bluetooth streaming, so we tried to hook it up with the iPod cable. Unfortunately, his case would allow for the cable and it would be a lot of trouble to take off.

Can anyone with an iPhone tell me if the touch screen media controls are different when you're streaming versus plugged in directly?

with the ipod cable, I get full functionality of my ipod (i don't store music on my iphone)....I use my iphone for streaming pandora via BT which doesn't give you any controls

·
Registered
533 Posts
Unless I'm missing something, when I'm streaming via BT I have no control via the car only through the iPhone. The screen on the car looks like there are controls but I have yet to make it work. The sound quality is good when streaming though there are occasional skips in music. It is not my preferred method of playing music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts