Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I can't stand driving an automatic anymore, but I love the Accent. So I'm about to trade mine in for the hatchback in manual transmission.

I'm just wondering what the difference is between the GS Blue, GS, and the SE is. Is one of them the standard, or are they in order from base model up to the works.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'll be honest dude - if you're willing to trade it in at this point, I'd almost wait another year to see the new Hyundai Velostar. But if you really can't wait, you'd probably get a pretty decent deal on a used one that you could flip in a couple years without being upside down too much. To answer the question, the SE is the fully loaded one and the one you'd want for maximum funnage.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very good point. But I can't wait. Haha. I'm anxious as ****. Automatic transmission takes all the fun out of driving. I've wanted to switch for some time now, but After driving my buddys 5 speed the other day from his house, I decided that I wanted to trade mine in asap. I forgot how much fun it is.

So you say the gs blue, gs, and se all have standard and automatic versions?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trade it in dude! That's what I'm doing. It's going to be such a pain restoring all the stock things though, but it's soooo worth it. I'm going to hopefully have it by the 26th! So effin' excited!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (07accent1.6 @ Jun 7 2010, 02:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330625
has anyone priced out a conversion ... i would love to swap mine ... i ***** hate automatics
You mean converting a car from auto to manual? That would be really expendsive. You'd have to change the tranny(of course), radiator, get a break pedal assembly,(because the clutch and break are connected with brackets), change the computer, add a clutch, and alot more.

·
Registered
302 Posts
QUOTE (Leprakong @ Jun 8 2010, 10:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330867
You mean converting a car from auto to manual? That would be really expendsive. You'd have to change the tranny(of course), radiator, get a break pedal assembly,(because the clutch and break are connected with brackets), change the computer, add a clutch, and alot more.
why would you need to change the radiator for? it has nothing to do with the tranny.

while on topic, here's a list of common thing you'd have to change:

transmission
new brake pedal
new clutch pedal
shifter assembly
shifter linkages with bushings
ECU
drive shafts

i'm sure i'm missing something, don't forget labor.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (mpfive @ Jun 8 2010, 12:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330902
why would you need to change the radiator for? it has nothing to do with the tranny.

while on topic, here's a list of common thing you'd have to change:

transmission
new brake pedal
new clutch pedal
shifter assembly
shifter linkages with bushings
ECU
drive shafts

i'm sure i'm missing something, don't forget labor.
You would change the whole pedal cluster instead.
flywheel
some wiring harness
gauge cluster if you really want to remove the PRND
possible tranny mount
brake fluid reservoir and clutch master cylinder added (possibly a backing plate on the firewall, might also need to cut a hole in the firewall for the MC.
center console

It is commonly done but it's not something you can do without a donor car especially on a newer car because it's almost never been done, much less documented.

When I was shopping for a car, it was crystal clear that a sub-compact with an auto tranny would SUCK.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been told that there was a difference in an automatics radiator and a manual's radiator. I didn't understand what the difference would be. It's just meant to keep the engine cool.

·
Administrator
2021 Elantra Limited
3,855 Posts
Automatics have a trans fluid cooler built into the radiator to keep the transmission from cooking itself.   Manuals do not require such a thing.

You might just be able to cap off the lines. *shrug*

Still, probably better in the long run to just trade.  

1 - 15 of 15 Posts