Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regeneration braking on my 2011 HSH has interesting pattern......

I always use regeneration braking when I exit the highway to gain maximum electricity in my battery. I discover that when I hit my brake at 70mph, regeneration braking is working (I can hear the sound of motor) but the battery charged very slowly. As my speed drop to 50mph I can see a rapid charge to my battery (Battery charges from 50% to 75% in 5 seconds). Then the energy recovered is less and less.

This gives me a hypothesis that when you try recovering energy in normal highway speed, it exceed the battery limit of maximum charging rate and "overflow". After you lower you speed the charge rate fit the battery design and charge fast.

I'd like to know how other HSH regeneration braking working. Do they have the same pattern? Or is it a sign to tell me my battery is worn out and less efficient than new car?

·
Registered
510 Posts
What I have learned and deduced from this is that it is not just a matter of one variable. On my 16 SE there is an indicator that is basically and index (no units) for regen charge. Hence, how much or fast this happens depends on both time and amount. You can achieve the same charge by a high speed slow charge that takes time, or a more abrupt stop that has higher charge rate over shorter time period. If you can understand, it is the "area under the curve" that matters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts