Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Hyundai, and REALLY hate the car buying process. I've only bought a new car twice before this 2013 Hyundai Elantra I have now.

Long story short, living in Phoenix I was very concerned by the 1yr/12k mile AC factory warranty, so I ending up getting the new car "Wrap" extended 10yr/100k mile warranty.

I ended up with the new car "Advantage Wrap", my first question is, is this the same as Hyundai Protection Plan, I'm guessing no. I debated whether or not to get the extended warranty for sometime at the dealer, as I was more concerned about the cost of it, and just the AC coverage alone. But in my nervousness I forget to ask some pretty basic questions like this one.

Along the same lines would anyone here know, does this Advantage plan (the name of the company apparently, I think, and not just 'it's an advantage to have this') work with all official Hyundai dealers or am I probably looking to have to go back to this same one for any out of factory warranty work? This dealer is a little out of the way, but more so I don't really like them any more after some **** they gave one of my friends.

I should also mention, I ask these questions here as I've gone thru my paper work a few times now and they seem to have given me ZERO paper work on the details of this plan I bought. It's shows it in the financials, so I did buy it, and they gave me 1 generic brochure that shows the basics of what it does, but nothing on the details of how it works, how I use, where it's good, etc.

I'm starting to think I probably got ripped off, but time will tell, I'm stuck with it now.

But if anyone could shed some light on this, I appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was under the impression that the 12 month warranty on the A/C was in regard to the refrigerant, if it was low from non defect reasons the customer would have to pay for a re-charge. But if the compressor seized up, or other system failure occurs, then the 5 year warranty would cover any needed repairs, perhaps I'm mistaken. To your question I think the dealership would be the best place to ask since they sold you the warranty. I'm in Southern California and the A/C is working fine after 20 months FYI. cheers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I personally would not buy any extended warranty that is not a true manufacturer's warranty--Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, etc.

There are too many loopholes in other aftermarket warranties.

You can always cancel and purchase a true Hyundai Protection Plan from another dealer if you have to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts