Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not really a question about what it is or what it does.. that i understand.

I've noticed that ECO mode will not work in the "instant mpg" feature on the gauge cluster. It will work in EVERY other mode but it will not light up in that mode.. I've even had it working in AVG mpg and when i click to the instant, the light turns off right away. And when i go back onto a different screen.. the light pops on.

just out of curiosity, why?

I should mention that its an 2011 with out the eco button.. it automatically pops up.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Its not really a question about what it is or what it does.. that i understand.

I've noticed that ECO mode will not work in the "instant mpg" feature on the gauge cluster. It will work in EVERY other mode but it will not light up in that mode.. I've even had it working in AVG mpg and when i click to the instant, the light turns off right away. And when i go back onto a different screen.. the light pops on.

just out of curiosity, why?

I should mention that its an 2011 with out the eco button.. it automatically pops up.
I had an early '11 just like yours. The ECO light is just there to help you save a little gas by going off when the engine is under a certain amount of load. The instant MPG also indicates economical driving, but in a sliding scale fashion. The scale makes the light redundant in Hyundai's opinion.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an early '11 just like yours. The ECO light is just there to help you save a little gas by going off when the engine is under a certain amount of load. The instant MPG also indicates economical driving, but in a sliding scale fashion. The scale makes the light redundant in Hyundai's opinion.
that makes a little sense.. so im assuming the eco mode is still "on" but its not visibly on with the instant mpg ?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
On early build '11s, its an idiot light. Welcome to the club. Beers in the cooler. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts