Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to burn CDs on my computer and have the track, artist, album, etc info show up when i play it. My MP3s all have proper tags embeddded. I have 1 disc from my last car and it works, but I burned a new one and it only shows "Track 1" etc. It is a CD-R. Then I tried burning MP3s on a CD-RW and the disc won't even play in the Tucson. I forgot how I burned the old one. Do I need to convert MP3 to another format? Also, does the Tucson system display cover art in the little box to the left of the title where it just has an icon of a CD, assuming there is cover art embedded in the MP3 tags?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmmm, I've got a base head unit too, but CD-RWs full of mp3s just dumped on them as data play just fine. No cover art though, just the mp3 tags and default icons. Your manual might help, details supported media, formats etc

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you really mean -RW? Not -R?

Most car stereo units don't play -RW discs. I'm not sure about ours though.

I have a base unit too, but I am not sure I have any -RW discs anymore. I still have hundreds of blank -R though.

Also, speed burned can be a problem. I've seen many factory units not be able to use discs burned above x48.

Then you have to worry about track name character limits and total path character limits. Plus total number of folders and files.

So many variables. But I'm not sure specifically for our unit. I don't remember seeing any specifics in my manual either.

·
Registered
81 Posts
buy yourself a usb drive and put songs on it. Our usb out jack is connected to our stereo and plays songs in mp3 format from that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Do you really mean -RW? Not -R?

Most car stereo units don't play -RW discs. I'm not sure about ours though.

I have a base unit too, but I am not sure I have any -RW discs anymore. I still have hundreds of blank -R though.

Also, speed burned can be a problem. I've seen many factory units not be able to use discs burned above x48.

Then you have to worry about track name character limits and total path character limits. Plus total number of folders and files.

So many variables. But I'm not sure specifically for our unit. I don't remember seeing any specifics in my manual either.
Yes, -RW, can't even remember the last time I even saw a -R. Erased and rewritten multiple times too - don't generally burn high speed. Might be a different iteration base unit maybe? Beyond that yes, display is very limited.

It's one of the reasons I sort of regret not waiting a year - dealer has a bunch of new models and options for 2018, touch screens, carplay, 1.6t/DCT etc. Oh well.

·
Registered
827 Posts
buy yourself a usb drive and put songs on it. Our usb out jack is connected to our stereo and plays songs in mp3 format from that.
^ This.
Higher end / newer models don't even have a CD player anymore.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Speaking of USB, is all the convoluted stuff in the manual regarding usb insertion/ejection really necessary? I just leave one plugged in all the time without a problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My disc is indeed an RW. Well I did figure it out. I had to enter the info into the IDV3 MP3 tags on my computer. I also put into the tag an album cover jpeg image. I was able to get it and it shows the art plus the album name, song title, and artist. Yay!

But now that brings me to a new related problem. There are 76 songs on this test CDRW that I burned. They all show up in the Tucson if I hit next 76 times. But if I hit <list> it only shows me 26. It says 1 of 26, 2 of 26, etc. Is there a limit to the list? I did not create folders or categories on the disc - only 1 folder (home).

·
Registered
842 Posts
OMG this thread is so 2001 hahaha.

Seriously, a USB drive is so much easier. But I actually ripped my whole collection and uploaded it to google music in the cloud so it can never be lost. Then redownload it on my smartphone. I use android auto, but you can use bluetooth to play music.

·
Registered
284 Posts
watch it sonny

It is isn't it lol. I'm so old, still basking in the fact I don't have to splice or transplant cassettes any more heh heh :grin2:

·
Registered
845 Posts
It is isn't it lol. I'm so old, still basking in the fact I don't have to splice or transplant cassettes any more heh heh :grin2:
I do see under your name that you are a "Senior Member." LOL :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts