Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2006 Sonata LX and the only part that seems to not holding up is the divider in the rear door window known as a sash. It seems to have lost its protection and now the surface is showing rust, The other side is similar with no rust.

Is there a way to fix it in-place like sand and paint? What paint?

I was also looking for the "Quarter glass sash" parts and no one seems to have this part for a Sonata

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dealer has all-in-one paint pen. You can clean the rust with acid and fix the paint

For parts that you don't know how to replace, you can go to junkyard such as pull-a-part to practice

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer has all-in-one paint pen. You can clean the rust with acid and fix the paint

For parts that you don't know how to replace, you can go to junkyard such as pull-a-part to practice
Thanks, camper for the quick reply and advice.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
It is a service part.. take VIN to dealer part counter and have part person look it up for you..

Wont be on shelf at dealer level, not a "hot ticket" everyday sale part... they will order it from region PDC and be there i cuple day

Reactions: Tom Byrne

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@sbr711 Great idea, I think I may try the acid/paint method. Nice to know I can still get an OEM part. Ordered a new passenger mirror, found a gently used center slider armrest and can use the acid to get some rust off the "Sonata" door sill. Had a major tune-up 6K miles ago with the engine steam cleaned and just spent all weekend detailing it. Love this car, so pampering it. Love the way it drives now. Still looks new in ebony black. Used Klasse AIO and sealent throughout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts