Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got all of my parts together this morning. Two dual exhaust tips, 25' of 1" flexible exhaust tubing and a Magnaflow 12255 muffler.

I took them to a muffler shop and had it all installed. I wanted both dual tips to have exhaust going out of them. That's why I used the 1" flex tube. The flex tube was welded into each tip and it ran behind the diffuser, just in front of the spare tire well.

Exhaust tips 1.jpg

Exhaust tips 2.jpg

Exhaust tips 3.jpg

Exhaust tips 4.jpg

The sound of the Magnaflow 12255 is perfect. Another member of the forum posted a video with sound with the same muffler. It reminded me of when I was a kid in England back in the 60's when the car rallies raced through a lot of the country road. The way a performance 4 banger should sound without being obnoxious or ricey. Very low sound while cruising, but it has a take notice sound while accelerating onto the freeway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I appreciate doing something a lil different , but the execution leaves little to be desired. Tips stick out too far , and well , they dont really appear to be even. The drivers side is definitely lower than the passenger side. Whatever the case , Im sure itll sound great, I had a magnaflow on a previous car of mine and loved it. Sounded nice and low and not even close to ricey.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am interested in seeing an under body shot on how they ran everything, also how well did the muffler fit, others had issues with it hitting the rear spring.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am interested in seeing an under body shot on how they ran everything, also how well did the muffler fit, others had issues with it hitting the rear spring.
The muffler fit very easily. It was the same length as stock, but the width and height was smaller. I will try and get pics soon too.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As requested in earlier posts, here are pics of the exhaust routing.

Unfortunately my GoPro decided to die today. No sound clip. I may try to get creative with my cell phone and get one posted tomorrow.

The pics show where the muffler, tip, and crossover tube are connected, a view of the fit of the muffler and shows where the 1" crossover pipe is routed between the rear bumper and the spare tire well.

muffler 1.jpg

muffler 2.jpg

muffler 3.jpg

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As requested in earlier posts, here are pics of the exhaust routing.

Unfortunately my GoPro decided to die today. No sound clip. I may try to get creative with my cell phone and get one posted tomorrow.

The pics show where the muffler, tip, and crossover tube are connected, a view of the fit of the muffler and shows where the 1" crossover pipe is routed between the rear bumper and the spare tire well.

View attachment 82569

View attachment 82577

View attachment 82585

·
Registered
459 Posts
You need the Sequence body kit for those tips to work in my opinion. I'll probably use the tips off the Sonata Turbo/Limited can't wait to listen to the audio clips when I have a free moment! I've been looking for a sound that is more of what you have described versus the rice rocket sound.

·
22,793 Posts
Man, that looks good! No, GREAT.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will that flex pipe melt the diffuser, seems really close, not sure how hot it will get though?

No, there is a lot of room back there. Most of the exhaust passes through the right side. I gust wanted to pass enough exhaust across to the other side to make it look real on cold days.

Also, I will try and get a couple YouTube clips I took with my cell phone today. This is my iPhone electrical taped to my dead Go-pro mount. The wind noise is bad, but you can hear it well during acceleration. The second clip is on another mod I finished up last night (2 channel pop-up monitor with front and rear cameras), but you can hear the exhaust from inside. It's a bit louder right now as my hatch area is still stripped out, except for the side panels.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! Sounds Good, & Throaty, without being offensive! :D
At first I had I no plans to mod the exhaust, but after hearing this muffler on a sound clip, I took a chance on trying it out. The gamble paid off. All the sounds I didn't want, weren't there, yet all the sounds I did want, were there.

Neighbor friendly with a hint of aggression.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts