Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 16" wheels from the GLS bolt right on to the SE to replace the 18"s? I wanted to buy 4 cheap wheels and get some snow tires, and the 16s are a lot cheaper. than 18's. I can live with the speedometer being off for a couple of months and the TPMS light

·
Registered
268 Posts
I did not try 16 in. steel wheels but I did try 16 in. alloy wheels and they will NOT fit a 2012 2.0 SE, the lower control arm and bushing will rub the wheel during cornering and/or suspension compression. I ended up with 17 in. alloys with 215/55R-17 Firestone Winter Force tires. They work great. You definitely do NOT want to run the Hankook tires in the winter they S*** in the snow.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. Sure glad I asked here before buying. I was just planning on some $100 a piece alloys and Bridgestone blizzaks ws70's. I don't want to have another winter like the last. My Sonatas was useless. So I'll go for the 17's

·
Registered
268 Posts
Take a look at Tire Rack. They have a lot of information on a huge selection of tires and wheels. Some of their winter tire/wheel packages are very competitive. You can get new TPMS sensors, installed, tires mounted and balanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts