Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been tracking the mileage on every tank of gas since I bought my Accent new in 2008. At over 215,000 miles, over 600 fills for over $17,000 I've got a very good idea about the mileage the car is capable of.

I average about 34-38 mpg in the summer, 30-34 mpg in the winter. The car is driven basically the same route, 5 days per week weather permitting.

Recently I was able to procure some non-ethanol gas at a local station thanks to pure-gas.com. The first tank yielded a very nice 40.1mpg and the second tank produced an awsome 43.3 MPG! This was without my best attempt and I predict with a concerted effort I may be able to hit 45 MPG with non-ethanol fuel.

Monetarily it will be about a wash considering the premium price. It costs about 15% more than the government-subsidized E10.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I also have been using 100% 87 octane gas for past year or so. It is a break even financially as the increase in MPG (2-3 mpg) is offset by the higher cost. If the price differential gets to be more it will become a loser, currently about 40 cents a gal more for the 100%. Better mileage but I feel it is also better for the fuel system and engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Kuripot
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing