Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car and I was shocked after renting a 2009 Sonata for a week. I had been looking at Passat's, Mazda6, Magnums, etc. Initially I wanted to take it back because it was a Hyundai but after driving it a short distance I was really impressed with the comfort and size of the vehicle. It had the 2.4 engine which wasn't too bad so I began to consider the Sonata. I test drove a 3.3 V6 and I was really impressed. Currently I am looking at a 2009 GLS 3.3 with 9,000 miles on it. The dealer is asking 15,850. Does that seem too high for the GLS? I really want the SE because of the firmer suspension but the is literally only 1 that I can find for sale and it has 41,000 miles on it and the dealer said the best he could do was 15,699.

I would appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
367 Posts
With 9K miles on it and it's a 2009. Thats really good and you get the 5 year/60,000 mile warranty too.

I would tell him you can go $13,750 and he has a deal.

NADA has the current Pricing of
Rough Trade-In $11,900
Average Trade-In $13.025
Clean Trade-In $13.925
(My credit union uses NADA to determine the value of their cars thats why I used these numbers instead of edmunds)
With a used car you shouldn't come out upside down like you would on a new car. Because of the initial depreciation.

With $13,750, they will still tac on a few dealer fees and after your tax tags and titeling. You will be looking at the $15K figure. When you get to the finance room deny all the silly features like:

-Rust protection
-super extended warranty
-VIN etching on the windows.

Thats my 2 cents. I purchased my 2007 Limited for $13,500 (with an OTD price close to $15K - includes tax tags and titling). The sticker price on the car was $19K the internet price was $16,500. My car had about 20K miles on it and it was one year old.

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (Nova1963 @ Jul 8 2010, 07:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339717
I am in the market for a new car and I was shocked after renting a 2009 Sonata for a week. I had been looking at Passat's, Mazda6, Magnums, etc. Initially I wanted to take it back because it was a Hyundai but after driving it a short distance I was really impressed with the comfort and size of the vehicle. It had the 2.4 engine which wasn't too bad so I began to consider the Sonata. I test drove a 3.3 V6 and I was really impressed. Currently I am looking at a 2009 GLS 3.3 with 9,000 miles on it. The dealer is asking 15,850. Does that seem too high for the GLS? I really want the SE because of the firmer suspension but the is literally only 1 that I can find for sale and it has 41,000 miles on it and the dealer said the best he could do was 15,699.

I would appreciate any advice.
Hi sir im techatblog.com im previously working as a technician of Hyundai.I can tell you Hyundai cars are pretty looking and on driving what you wish on pushing accelerator pedal it gives you good speed. wish that you can appreciate more on Hyundai cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their beginning price was 16888 and I have them down to 15850. I told them 15500 but they are not budging yet. The car was a rental car but like I said it only had about 9,200 miles on it. They said the 5 year/60000 warranty still applied. I figure if I buy it the warranty should be good until I sell it which would probably be in 3 to 4 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Push them to rate it a "certified pre-owned", that way you get the 100,000 miles warranty, as well as
the remainder of the 5 year/60000 mile warranty. For that price, if they won't budge, I'd insist on the
certified status or I'd walk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found a couple other GLS 3.3 V6 cars that have some advantages over the previous car I was looking at and the dealer already said he would beat the price of the other vehicle. I am a bit confused with the other cars however. I was under the impression the GLS only came with the silver trim on the doors and dash but these new ones have the wood trim (my wife definitely prefers the silver over the wood), audio controls on the steering wheel, and a moon roof. In addition to this the dealer said that it was a certified pre-owned so it would have the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. The previous car is totally basic (no audio controls, no moon roof, not certified pre-owned). I have a feeling they were all rentals at one point. I am not sure if that really bothers me since they all have the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty left and the new cars have the 10 year 100,000 as well.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
The last cars you saw are PROBABLY not from rental, since rental companies do not usually buy the upgraded trim...... I'd go with the later ones, even if your wife hates the wood (me too....).... Of course, it also depends on how many miles on the odometer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts