Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found an 2012 Tucson Limited w/ 56,350 miles. 2 owners, extremely clean w/excellent Carfax which includes timely oil/filter change records, each time at the dealership it was purchased at.It was just traded into the same dealership for the 2nd time so it's been driven and maintained locally it's entire life, and I was told both owners traded it in for another brand new Hyundai SUV. Because it's over 5 yrs old, it's being sold "As Is-No Warranty" (even though it's under the 60k miles warranty threshold). Because the car was just traded in, it had not been detailed nor their 151 point inspection completed, but I took the car on an extensive test drive yesterday and put a small "hold" deposit down. They detailed and fully inspected it today and it should be ready for me to purchase tomorrow. I did notice that the car pulled to the right a bit but the salesperson said they will align it (tires are virtually brand new). However, I've read a few posts on this site saying Tucson's have a propensity to have steering pull. Is this correct? Also, I was a bit disappointed with the amount of road noise seemingly coming through the floor board. Is this normal for 2012 Tucsons? And, would you recommend I purchase an extended warranty?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
The pull and noise may both be from the tires. If you run your hand around the outer walls of a tire and it has bumps the belts are broke and it'll pull. It may be bad even if you don't feel bumps.
The warranty is a personal matter. If you think you'll need it and you'll sleep better at night you may want it. Myself I never buy extended or a third party warranty but I fix my own and not everyone can do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Floor boards? I would think that if you're referring to floor boards, you're used to cars that are a bit...less refined? :laugh:

In all seriousness, I am not familiar with either of these situations in my own 2011. It's not super quiet, but it's also not a luxury SUV either. And I have no pull to speak of. If you felt a pull, I would either take a chance that the alignment or tire wear is off or just wait to drive another version of the car that doesn't pull.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Before any money change hands or signing of papers,, you will want to have car inspected by a technician of your choosing at a shop of your choice (they be working for you)...

151 point inspect will be tilted in seller favor to make you think all is well

Align, get copy of align finished product,, let see if they put any effort into setting up,, or "green means go"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts