Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side seat heater in my 2013 Sonata Ltd has apparently developed a mind of its own and now turns itself on periodically (I spilled some water on the toggle switches for the heaters, that might have been the start of the problem). That would have been annoying enough when I lived up north, but now that I live in Florida, it's a positive pain in the tush.

I don't need or want to fix the seat heater, since I never used it even when I didn't live in Florida (I like the car being on the cool side when I drive). So I think I just need to pull the fuse for the seat heater and that should solve the problem, right?

Can somebody just provide a sanity check for me on how to do this? I pop off the fuse panel door to the left of the steering wheel, find the fuse and just pull it out, replace the panel door and that should be that, right? Is there a fuse puller behind the door or elsewhere that I use? Thanks for any advice. :smile:

·
Registered
403 Posts
That should be it and looks like Fuse 15 in the interior fuse box. There is a fuse puller in the engine fuse box is you want to use it or just use some pliers (gingerly).

That fuse controls heat for both front seats so your passenger one will be dead too. Alternatively, you can also disconnect the wire harness from underneath the driver seat but if you don't care about the passenger seat, I'd do the fuse.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you're so inclined, this video will show you how to gain access to the heater switches. It's for LED cupholder install, but you can see it will serve as a tutorial. btw..I also live in FLA and have (OK just once) used my seat heaters. Felt good on the old bones...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts