Hyundai Forums banner

1501 - 1504 of 1504 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, 1500 posts on this topic. I found this tidbit on the upcoming '15 model to be interesting, with respect to infamous left pull issue:

A revised multilink rear suspension design enhances responsiveness, handling and stability while reducing impact harshness. Dual lower suspension arms replace the old single-arm design and distribute lateral forces more effectively to improve ride quality without sacrificing handling. The new rear suspension geometry helps keep Sonata more stable under hard braking and helps provide shorter stopping distances.

Reinforced side and cross members strengthen sub-frame mounting points and improve suspension responsiveness. Revised front sub-frame bushings are 17 percent stiffer than before and contribute to better steering feel and improved responsiveness. 2015 Sonata Sport 2.0T utilizes a new rack-mounted dual-pinion electric power steering system that offers more natural steering feel. Sport 2.0T models receive a unique sport-tuned suspension and larger 12.6-inch front brakes. These upgrades deliver increased driver confidence and a premium driving experience.

2015 Hyundai Sonata plays a more mature tune - Autoblog

It seems Hyundai has learned from this experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Steering issue still a problem with 2015 models

I hate to be the barer of bad news, the issue with pulling or wandering to the left is still an issue because I am experiencing the same thing with my 2015 Sonata Sport T. It is not torque steering because it happens under normal driving conditions, not during hard acceleration. I have had service work on it 2 times, and I am now taking it in for a 3rd. Each time they check and align the car and reset the steering assist sensor, but the problem still persists. If anyone else is experiencing this on the 2015 models please post any comments, or recommendations.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
After almost 6 years w/merely 44K on the clock I finally purchased new rubber.

She still lists a mite to the left though not as bad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I fought poor tracking for a year with my new '11 and believe it or not solved it with a good four wheel alignment. Initially they all concentrated on the front wheels but it was adjustment to all four that got it driving right.

1501 - 1504 of 1504 Posts