Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes. The SFS we are getting here are equipped with auto folding/unfolding sidemirrors with build-in puddle lamps.

When locked, the sidemirrors folded themselves. Either, unlocking with the remote or by walking towards the SFS with the keyless fob in your pocket, the sidemirrors will unfold themselves, with the lights

·
Registered
474 Posts
Where are these lights located? I have read about them in the manual, 4/122, but don't see a pic of them any place. Pics would be nice.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Unfortunately, this feature is not available on North American models.

I think that sometimes the marketing wizards put info in the manual just to get us going or failing that ticked off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does the Santa Fe sport have puddle lamps, are they available with any option?
My SFS 2.0 does not have these but this sounds like it could be a good candidate for a Mod. I think i might look into doing this with some strip LED lights mounted under the rocker panels.

Not sure what circuit i would connect it to though.

Joe

·
Registered
884 Posts
My SFS 2.0 does not have these but this sounds like it could be a good candidate for a Mod. I think i might look into doing this with some strip LED lights mounted under the rocker panels.

Not sure what circuit i would connect it to though.

Joe
How about the circuit that lights up the door handles when you approach the SFS with the key FOB in your pocket?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does the Santa Fe sport have puddle lamps, are they available with any option?
No Puddle lamps for the US Santa Fe's. I would like to have them too! Keep an eye on the 2014's...I would think that this is one thing that they may decide to put in them..hope so!!..... anyone know if the 2014 Kia Sorentos have them?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
puddle lamps are standard on UK models............a while back 'lovemysantafe' asked me about pricing and getting a pair shipped over to him....................you don't want to know how much!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I beleive I have found the circuit I need to tap into in order to make this all happen. If I have some time I will do some exploaratory testing with my meter of some of the circuits. I would hate to have to run the Puddle lamp wires from the door handle, if i could just tap into the smart key system.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the door handle off. I saw the wires that powered the light. I dont want to go from the door back into the car though the rubber boot only to go back to the outside of the car.

I need to take the driver side kick panel off to see what wires are going from car to the door. The wires going into light were green and red but that doesn't mean those are the colors going though the door.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am having trouble witht the wiring on this one. Not sure where to tie in my puddle lamps. Does anyone know what the key hole illumination is, I have seen this in the online service manual?

·
Registered
48 Posts
For anyone who cares these lights inside the door handle are called "Pocket Lamps". There is a Green/Orange Wire which comes out of the door module and to the door handle harness as well as to the side mirror. the puddle lamp woul have been affixed tot he side view mirror.

It looks like i will have to tie into this circuit for my DIY Puddle Lamps and the would some how need to be mounted to the Door.

My other option is to tie intot the BCM but they will not illuminate when i approch the car with key in the pocket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So i havent posted in a while but i did it. I was able to tie into the circuit that activates when you get close to the car as well as activates upon pressing unlock.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
See picture

I'll try to do a write up later.
Good work. I note your lights are on. Do these lights stay on after the car is started? When do they turn off? I have never paid attention to the lights on my door handle so I am not sure how this works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The puddle lamps shut off when car is started, or 25 seconds after you press the unlock button on fob, or if you walk more then 4 feet from door handle when car has been locked with FOB.

They do not stay on when head lights are turned on,

I pressed the unlock button for that photo.

My write up is attached

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts