Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All
i have this issue last two days ago that i find the puddle light is not working
i have checked all fuse are OK , even i check the setting in the screen showing the welcome light is checked

i try to search in google for wire diagram but i could not find any things

my car 2014 grand

kindly help me on this issue

thank you

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Dear All
i have this issue last two days ago that i find the puddle light is not working
i have checked all fuse are OK , even i check the setting in the screen showing the welcome light is checked

i try to search in google for wire diagram but i could not find any things

my car 2014 grand

kindly help me on this issue

thank you
When you mentioned puddle light, you mean the door handle courtesy light or do you actually have a puddle light underneath the side mirror? If it’s the door handle courtesy light then chances are it’s blown and the whole door handle will need to be replace because the led are built into the door handle, mine was replaced under warranty and looks like you’re out of your warranty period. Maybe search to see if you can find a replacement somewhere in Ebay, GL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
When you mentioned puddle light, you mean the door handle courtesy light or do you actually have a puddle light underneath the side mirror?
By definition, a "courtesy light" is used by an EMT or volunteer fire individual in his own vehicle, flashing only-no siren. I wasn't aware of this either. I'm not sure what the proper term for "door open" lights would be...but I know it's not for seeing a puddle! It's for safety, but I'm not sure if they are mandatory.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you mentioned puddle light, you mean the door handle courtesy light or do you actually have a puddle light underneath the side mirror? If it’s the door handle courtesy light then chances are it’s blown and the whole door handle will need to be replace because the led are built into the door handle, mine was replaced under warranty and looks like you’re out of your warranty period. Maybe search to see if you can find a replacement somewhere in Ebay, GL!!!

i have two led light in handle door and under side mirror - we are here in middle east may we have some different cars( based on our local dealer )

any how i find the issue that when the mirror are not folding the light not working
i don't understand this things but this what happen and light work again :confused:

thank you

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm not sure what the proper term for "door open" lights would be...but I know it's not for seeing a puddle! It's for safety, but I'm not sure if they are mandatory.
From the manual.....

Welcome Light (if equipped)
If this item is checked, the welcome
light function of the puddle lamp will
be activated.

Not sure what lights he is having the issue with?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If these are located on the mirrors, isn't there a shadow cast by the door when you open it? It seems like a fancy "gimmick"? :unsure:

·
Registered
797 Posts
If these are located on the mirrors, isn't there a shadow cast by the door when you open it? It seems like a fancy "gimmick"? :unsure:
It makes sense as the OP are not from the U.S or Canada and his model are slightly different than us. I installed puddle lights underneath the side mirror to a few vehicles in the past and I did it to my 2014 XL as well. The led built in the door handles are barely lit and it’s design to make it easier to see the door handle at night. Puddle light in the other hand will illuminate the ground and i do find it very helpful at night. Here’s a quick video of my puddle light for my XL in action.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If these are located on the mirrors, isn't there a shadow cast by the door when you open it? It seems like a fancy "gimmick

in my car there's two LED light and both of them working at the same time when i come to the car or unlock with the remote key

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
in my car there's two LED lights and both of them working at the same time when i come to the car or unlock with the remote key
So are you saying one outside and one inside to fill-in the shadow?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It makes sense as the OP are not from the U.S or Canada and his model are slightly different than us. I installed puddle lights underneath the side mirror to a few vehicles in the past and I did it to my 2014 XL as well. The led built in the door handles are barely lit and it’s design to make it easier to see the door handle at night. Puddle light in the other hand will illuminate the ground and i do find it very helpful at night. Here’s a quick video of my puddle light for my XL in action.

yes ,
in our country we have three dealer and each of have some differences in the specifications of the car itself and each of them ask the Korean company( HYUNDAI ) their own specifications

Usually these differences are in accessories only

·
Registered
21 Posts
my 2 doors light stopped working few weeks ago. was under warranty. they changed the driver door handle and now both works fine. dont ask me why both were not lighting if only the driver side was defective its a mystery.

·
Registered
110 Posts
dont ask me why both were not lighting if only the driver side was defective its a mystery.
Probably wired in series, so when one fails there's no connection to the second.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts