Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TuscaniCustoms.com offers this dual exhaust package. It comes with an official rear diffuser that will allow for dual exhaust. It also comes with an "axel-back" exhaust that is pretty much stock, except with dual exhaust. It mates up with the existing stock exhaust at the axle.
https://tuscanicustoms.com/exterior/2123-tuix-rear-diffserdual-exhaust-tucson-tl.html

But I wanted a custom exhaust, so I spoke to the owner of TuscaniCustoms and he was able to create a new listing with only the diffuser, without the exhaust system.
https://tuscanicustoms.com/exterior/2566-tuix-rear-diffuser-tucson-tl.html

He's a really cool guy, and I was glad he was able to do that, as I could not find this diffuser by itself anywhere.

I went to my local muffler shop, and they're going to put on an awesome dual exhaust. I will have more info for you all soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was able to cut, bend, and paint the factory lower to get the drivers side opening. Was not too difficult and turned out nicely. You might want to consider that option.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes REM, I PM'ed you asking about this a while ago. I was hoping you could show better angles of what that looks like, from down lower looking up at it perhaps.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you zoom in you can see the cut out better in this picture. I will try to take some closer photos tonight.

Attachments

Reactions: TooGqForYou

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REM.
On the left side, there seems to be a black plastic piece that protrudes and overlaps where my left exhaust outlet will be. My muffle guy says I'll have to cut that out. How did you handle this?
I have included pictures for reference.

The first image is what the right side looks like (stock of course) and the second image showcases that black piece I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I tried to get some photos of the driver side plastic modification. I cut a couple of inches of it away, trying to match the passenger side, then used a heat gun to bend the remaining material up to match. When I was done I painted the whole thing black so it did not matter if it was discolored from bending. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got my Flowmaster custom exhaust put on today. Here's a pic. I will post more about it soon. A couple videos so you all can hear how it sounds. It's got a nice, deep tone without being too loud or obnoxious. Definitely not a cop magnet. I can already feel the flow and increased throttle response.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
That turned out really nice. I never thought about replacing the resonator with a dual outlet muffler. What series Flowmaster did you use? Mine is the 80 series (like a 40 series only sideways) and it does resonate at about 70-80 mph. I agree with your statement that the care is much quicker with the exhaust freed up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got my Flowmaster custom exhaust put on today. Here's a pic. I will post more about it soon. A couple videos so you all can hear how it sounds. It's got a nice, deep tone without being too loud or obnoxious. Definitely not a cop magnet. I can already feel the flow and increased throttle response.
very curious to hear some sound clips !!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can't wait to hear what it sounds like ! I just purchased my 2018 Tucson with the 1.6 turbo and l have been looking everywhere for mods to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't wait to hear what it sounds like ! I just purchased my 2018 Tucson with the 1.6 turbo and l have been looking everywhere for mods to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice lookin black Tucson.

If you want mods I recommend the AEM Cold Air Intake, and then their Charge Pipe Kit. I have both, you can see a little from my video here. Wear headphones so you can hear how it'll sound. This is before my custom dual exhaust by the way.

There are also a couple of threads on this forum too. Just search AEM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts