Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done this before on other cars to paint the lens black, rather do that than pay $500 plus for the same set of headlights in black.

Anybody taken a stab at it?

·
Registered
247 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 16 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342216
I've done this before on other cars to paint the lens black, rather do that than pay $500 plus for the same set of headlights in black.

the headlights are a beautiful design. you wanna make it solid black??
you're probably killing the resale value of your car..

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (shinigami @ Jul 16 2010, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342220
the headlights are a beautiful design. you wanna make it solid black??
you're probably killing the resale value of your car..

No more of a shiney black, not a flat black. You don't paint the whole interior black, you leave some chrome.

kinda like this.

It would only kill the resale value of the car if somebody noticed it. The last one I did it looked stock. Many cars come with black/chrome headlights, volvos, fords, bmws, the list goes on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its called the "joey mod" in the VW community. Its huge, everyone does it. I just waited for someone to come out with affordable blacked out housings. I bought a set of blacked out projector headlights from Hella for $182. i would say wait for someone to come out with cheap ones. If not, heres a link on a DIY. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1567138 good luck!

·
Registered
478 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jul 16 2010, 10:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342216

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but have you tried it yet? I did this to my Dodge Ram headlights so that I could take that ugly orange reflector out and would love to do this to my Sonata too.

Also, how do you take the headlights out? Do you have to take off the bumper?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Newport Ohio @ Jan 29 2011, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=395914
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but have you tried it yet? I did this to my Dodge Ram headlights so that I could take that ugly orange reflector out and would love to do this to my Sonata too.

Also, how do you take the headlights out? Do you have to take off the bumper?
No I haven't done it yet but it must be the easiest/cheapest custom job out there. You would have to take the bumper off yes.

·
Registered
478 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Jan 31 2011, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396764
No I haven't done it yet but it must be the easiest/cheapest custom job out there. You would have to take the bumper off yes.

Dang, I was hoping I wouldn't have to take the bumper off. I have a second set of headlights coming this week (depending on weather - 1" of ice predicted with snow) so I might have to try and crack them open this weekend and see how they look. :banana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts