Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just purchased a used 2016 Tucson Eco with 20k miles over the weekend. Wanted to check-in here and ask you all what I should do first.

I already set an appointment with my local Hyundai dealer for the tow hitch recall as well as updating my software (no idea what that does).

Anything else I should look into doing? I'm getting the windows tinted today.

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats! First thing I did was to start changing interior bulbs to LED. The stock lighting isn't half bad other than the cargo bay but LEDs are nice. The reverse lights are pretty anemic but I don't think that can be improved a huge amount (not for actual light throw behind the vehicle but it certainly helps with the camera and will appear brighter and whiter to people viewing your intent to back up). There are a couple aftermarket storage trays for the center console which make it more convenient to use. I think I'm going to get some of those felt or carbon-look appliques for the door kick panels since I can't seem to stop scuffing them up. The radio reception in mine isn't great so I'm thinking about a possible antenna replacement as well. Overall it's a great vehicle as is and there are tons of options to dress up both the interior and exterior if you want.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Also, just general car stuff, even if it has fresh oil, it wouldn't hurt to give it an early change just so you can take a look at it and start off your new life together on the right foot. Mixed opinion on whether the OEM oil filters are really all that vital vs. aftermarket but the OEM isn't expensive from the dealer and can be bought for less on Amazon (watch for counterfeits).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, just general car stuff, even if it has fresh oil, it wouldn't hurt to give it an early change just so you can take a look at it and start off your new life together on the right foot. Mixed opinion on whether the OEM oil filters are really all that vital vs. aftermarket but the OEM isn't expensive from the dealer and can be bought for less on Amazon (watch for counterfeits).
I'm going to get a synthetic oil change before the end of the month since it probably hasn't had one since the original purchase, thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats! First thing I did was to start changing interior bulbs to LED. The stock lighting isn't half bad other than the cargo bay but LEDs are nice. The reverse lights are pretty anemic but I don't think that can be improved a huge amount (not for actual light throw behind the vehicle but it certainly helps with the camera and will appear brighter and whiter to people viewing your intent to back up). There are a couple aftermarket storage trays for the center console which make it more convenient to use. I think I'm going to get some of those felt or carbon-look appliques for the door kick panels since I can't seem to stop scuffing them up. The radio reception in mine isn't great so I'm thinking about a possible antenna replacement as well. Overall it's a great vehicle as is and there are tons of options to dress up both the interior and exterior if you want.
Could you send some links to the mods you mention? I'm coming from a heavily modded genesis coupe and want to avoid engine/mechanical mods, but am not against changing something to increase utility. Mine didn't come with the factory storage tray for the center console at all. Thanks!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Could you send some links to the mods you mention? I'm coming from a heavily modded genesis coupe and want to avoid engine/mechanical mods, but am not against changing something to increase utility. Mine didn't come with the factory storage tray for the center console at all. Thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...e+tray.TRS1&_nkw=tucson+storage+tray&_sacat=0

There are some different ones with different price points. Depending on if you want it to say Tucson or not. Most of them take a while to receive since they are coming from China. But it will eventually get to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The storage trays that you can find in the link from Jason14227 are for cars with an automatic transmission as those arm rests are bigger than the ones who have a manual transmission (due the handbrake)
If you have a manual transmission then you can find a small storage tray here:

search on the german amazon site for this: B071GR5CPB
(still can't post links because i am member since 3 days)

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you search the forums here there are a couple great threads for doing lights/bulbs. The world of LEDs is vast and so many places selling the same things under a hundred brand names but ebay and amazon are full of whatever you like. The dome and cargo bulbs are DE3175 and I've got some bright 6-diode bulbs in them, carryovers from my last car and I like the temp/color. The map lights are I think a 168 stock (slightly larger/longer than a 194 but either will work, same base). There are some nifty flat-panel units out there that can be trimmed or bought in a Tucson-specific kit and I may try those out at some point. superbrightleds.com is a great source and they do a nice job putting out actual legit lumen ratings for their products, and most will have a selection of color temps if you don't want the typical 6000K that is what 99% of the bulbs are now. I kind of prefer more of a 4500 or 5000 myself (not yellow, but no hint of blue if they're quality ones...bit easier on the eyes at night). Reverse lights are a 921 but there are a ton of varieties out there for diode configuration. There is a lot of variance in quality and in actual true ligth output for LED bulbs...lots of junk out there and the majority of the specs/marketing are bogus.

I like this console tray better than the more popular one that has the coin slots at the rear and usually has the rubber mat with the Tucson logo in red. The stock tray can be gotten from the dealer for a few bucks, they might even give you one. It takes up about half the length of the bin and sits at the back, just two compartments. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Center-Con...d=281906295547&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

There's a ton on ebay but here are two places that have a great selection. Lots of what seem like great parts suppliers as well but I've not had to use any of them yet. Tucson has a pretty good subset of trim dress ups for inside and out in various finishes, both oem-fit specific and some good generic ones here and there.

http://stores.ebay.com/KMP-Trade/2016-2017-Tucson-TL-/_i.html?_fsub=8274444011

Emblems and Accessories for the new, redesigned Hyundai Tucson 2016 2017 2018

edit: here's something else you might consider. I haven't received mine yet but it should arrive soon. I saw this in a subbie and was pleased that they're available for the Tucson as well. They only come in black, but easy enough to paint with interior trim paint (body supply shops have this in a can for a few bucks). There like a thousand sellers of this product, same thing, wide range of prices, couldn't find a domestic shipper so china post and a wait time. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inner-Fuse...older-For-2016-Hyundai-Tucson-GL/122711633228

http://koreanautoimports.com/tucson-2016-2018/?sort=newest

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any links for the console tray that only takes up 1/2 of the cubby? I'd like that. I don't want to cover all the stuff in there, but having a bit of a tray would be nice.

I really miss the 2 level tray I had in my sonata. It had 2 latches, one for the small top box and a 2nd for the larger bottom section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
edit: here's something else you might consider. I haven't received mine yet but it should arrive soon. I saw this in a subbie and was pleased that they're available for the Tucson as well. They only come in black, but easy enough to paint with interior trim paint (body supply shops have this in a can for a few bucks). There like a thousand sellers of this product, same thing, wide range of prices, couldn't find a domestic shipper so china post and a wait time.
I have bought such a thing... its not bad but keep in mind that you will loose the sticker with the fuse positions when placing this thing. Best is to keep the original part in your car in case you need to replace a fuse.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have bought such a thing... its not bad but keep in mind that you will loose the sticker with the fuse positions when placing this thing. Best is to keep the original part in your car in case you need to replace a fuse.
This supposedly comes with a set of three replacement stickers, we'll see. If not then it's easy enough to transfer it over with careful removal. I hope it's as useful as I hope....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any links for the console tray that only takes up 1/2 of the cubby?
I just looked every place I could and can't seem to find it for sale or even listed as a separate part. It may be that it just isn't listed or that it comes with the console box unit. Dealer could probably sort it out. They call it a "tray supplement" with part # D84690-D3003 PP-TD20 stamped on it. When I was searching I could find the similar items for Sonata/Elantra/Santa Fe with different numbers and a few Kia trays had that PP on them. Here are a few pics. And it's only a single compartment, not divided...guess I should get to know my own car better. lol

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts