Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatsup everybody,

Recently finished paying off my 2013, so now I want to take that car payment money and have fun.

I want to do air-ride suspension with a nice set of wheels and some minor performance tweaks. I've done my research on the air and everything that's gotta go into that, but i'm having trouble choosing a size of wheel.

I feel like 15's with low profile tires would appear too small, 16's would be a good size, and 17's i'm curious about. I've seen 17's be suggested here on different threads but I haven't really seen any visual evidence of what 17's would look like on this car.

So, I guess i'm looking for some pictures? Or tips of any kind. If you guys have 17's or 16's on your Accents, please drop a pic. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the different sizes look.

THANKS!

·
Registered
75 Posts
17s would look better on the car, but your ride quality would suffer compared to 16.

maybe a 205/45/17 tire size would be a good choice too. The factory 16 is 195/50/16.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I found these 16" wheels used on kijiji wrapped in 195/45/16s
I've installed OEM fog lights and my own independent switch
Recently had the windows tinted
and have one of these on its way from China. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/10-1-WiFi-3...S-Navigation-For-Hyundai-Accent/322538685589?
Have fun with yours!

Is your speedo very off with a 45 series tire?

I have oem 195/50/16 size and I find the speedo to read 3-4% higher than actual speed. A smaller tire diameter would make it even bigger...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

this is ultimately what i'm looking for as an end result

I'm trying to figure out if these are 16's or 17's, they look like 17's, but the set of wheels pictured only come in either 16" or 18"

so... idk

here's another (different car):

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are at least 18s. Could be 19s
**** really? I had someone on Reddit say that "assuming the car is the same size as a newer model VW Polo (which i'm pretty sure it is), those are definitely 17's"

I could see them being 18" though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make Amazon ur friend;
Im going baby steps on my 2015 Accent, but so far;
* AUTOSAVER88 Fog Lights For Hyundai Accent Verna Solaris 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 (Smoke Lens with Bulbs Wiring Harness) (comes with a bunch of cables and a switch but I only need to replace fog light assembly..)
* [Sell by Automotiveapple] Samwon Rear DIFFUSER Guard Tuning Bumper Pad Dual Type For 11 12 13 14 Hyundai Accent, Verna, Solaris
* Genuine Armrest 6pcs 1set Center Console for Hyundai Accent Solaris 2011 - 2014Sold by: LIGHTKOREA (Genuine parts and installation takes 10 minutes..)

* ($270) SPPC Projector Headlights Black Assembly Set with Halo for Hyundai Accent 4 Door/Hatchback - (Pair) Driver Left and Passenger Right Side Replacement H
* HID DC Xenon Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX, H7, 6000K
* Boison 2din Head Unit running xrross firmware with backup and front camera, but after installing a $226 ATOTO A6 in my gf's car, I was I had installed the ATOTO.
* 16 inch rims
* cheap chinese alarm with trunk popper (easy install, the trunk release has a special lip for trunk popper already)
* tinted windows

The projector headlights were a pain to install because the connector didnt match the connector of the car so I had to cut it and splice the wires. It works really well tho....

I found plenty goodies for the car on Amazon and most are rather affordable..

The car seems to have pre-made holes and face plates already which makes adding goodies rather easy. (for backup camera, for new center console, etc.)

Next projects will be;
* steering wheel controls and if its not to much work, cruise control.
* side mirrors with turn signal lights (I still have to check if the car is also prewired for that, but its rather likely it is.)

Sorry, I cant post links, but if somebody needs links for fitting goodies ,drop me a msg.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Accent 17inch rims

Hi

I have attached a pic of my accent with 17 inch rims and 205/40/17 michelin Pilot sport 3 tyres.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Whatsup everybody,

Recently finished paying off my 2013, so now I want to take that car payment money and have fun.

I want to do air-ride suspension with a nice set of wheels and some minor performance tweaks. I've done my research on the air and everything that's gotta go into that, but i'm having trouble choosing a size of wheel.

I feel like 15's with low profile tires would appear too small, 16's would be a good size, and 17's i'm curious about. I've seen 17's be suggested here on different threads but I haven't really seen any visual evidence of what 17's would look like on this car.

So, I guess i'm looking for some pictures? Or tips of any kind. If you guys have 17's or 16's on your Accents, please drop a pic. I'm just trying to get an idea of how the different sizes look.

THANKS!
Hi

I have 17inch rims and 205/40/17 inch michelin pilot sport 3's.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make Amazon ur friend;
Im going baby steps on my 2015 Accent, but so far;
* AUTOSAVER88 Fog Lights For Hyundai Accent Verna Solaris 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 (Smoke Lens with Bulbs Wiring Harness) (comes with a bunch of cables and a switch but I only need to replace fog light assembly..)
* [Sell by Automotiveapple] Samwon Rear DIFFUSER Guard Tuning Bumper Pad Dual Type For 11 12 13 14 Hyundai Accent, Verna, Solaris
* Genuine Armrest 6pcs 1set Center Console for Hyundai Accent Solaris 2011 - 2014Sold by: LIGHTKOREA (Genuine parts and installation takes 10 minutes..)

* ($270) SPPC Projector Headlights Black Assembly Set with Halo for Hyundai Accent 4 Door/Hatchback - (Pair) Driver Left and Passenger Right Side Replacement H
* HID DC Xenon Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX, H7, 6000K
* Boison 2din Head Unit running xrross firmware with backup and front camera, but after installing a $226 ATOTO A6 in my gf's car, I was I had installed the ATOTO.
* 16 inch rims
* cheap chinese alarm with trunk popper (easy install, the trunk release has a special lip for trunk popper already)
* tinted windows

The projector headlights were a pain to install because the connector didnt match the connector of the car so I had to cut it and splice the wires. It works really well tho....

I found plenty goodies for the car on Amazon and most are rather affordable..

The car seems to have pre-made holes and face plates already which makes adding goodies rather easy. (for backup camera, for new center console, etc.)

Next projects will be;
* steering wheel controls and if its not to much work, cruise control.
* side mirrors with turn signal lights (I still have to check if the car is also prewired for that, but its rather likely it is.)

Sorry, I cant post links, but if somebody needs links for fitting goodies ,drop me a msg.

cool, thanks for the tips, I might look into that ATOTO a little more, I was thinking of doing a tablet swap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is your speedo very off with a 45 series tire?

I have oem 195/50/16 size and I find the speedo to read 3-4% higher than actual speed. A smaller tire diameter would make it even bigger...
Yeah its off 7-8% according to my GPS but I don't mind, makes me think shes faster than she really is!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts