Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just picked up my new 2011 sonata yesterday. It was at the very end of the day, and for some reason the remotes were not programmed to the car. I know doing this is stupid easy, I just don't know how to do it for this particular car. Does anyone know how so I can avoid having to drive back to the dealer? Also, not sure if its related, but I locked the car with both the inside door or the key and twice the alarm decided to randomly go off while sitting in front of my house.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are able to do it yourself on most cars out there. I've done it on two of my past cars. It's all just a matter of knowing how, the actual process takes a whole two minutes to do. The dealer isn't going to charge me, I just got the car yesterday and they were never programmed to begin with.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I found various how-to's on the sonata's, but they cover the previous generation ones unfortunately. I imagine it can't be much different except for the life of me I can't seem to find where the alarm control module is in the car. I think I'm going to just have to suck it up and spend some time at the dealership tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts