Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cant get this figured out. the drivers lock works great but I constantly have to unlock the passengers side.

Do I need to program the locks or something? :cool:

Any advice.

JT

·
Registered
164 Posts
One unlock from the remote unlocks driver, two consecutive unlocks unlocks all doors

Same with the push-button on the door handle

·
Registered
87 Posts
hold lock and unlock on your fob for a few seconds, your falshers will blink 4 times indicating the setting has changed. now your locks should all unlock together and lock together. to revert the setting apply the same process.

·
22,793 Posts
Showoff! LOL I didn't know that would do that, the fob/door programming that is. Cool. Makes me want to run out and play with my doors.

·
Registered
911 Posts
One unlock from the remote unlocks driver, two consecutive unlocks unlocks all doors

Same with the push-button on the door handle
That's the way mine works. I like it this way.

hold lock and unlock on your fob for a few seconds, your falshers will blink 4 times indicating the setting has changed. now your locks should all unlock together and lock together. to revert the setting apply the same process.
Nice tip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all. I think I have it figured out now. Of course the trunk still opens by itself but that's another story.

JT;)

·
22,793 Posts
Of course the trunk still opens by itself but that's another story. JT;)
Understand, JT. Pleased to announce that every since I started carrying my keys differently, i've never had the problem recur...my habits I needed to change.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Of course the trunk still opens by itself but that's another story.

JT;)
During one of my visits to the dealership for regular service probably a year ago, I also asked the technician if they could change the way the locks work ,they hooked up the computer to my car ,gave me a few options that he found are possible and showed to me ,so I chose the one i wanted ,but accidentally he also changed the way the trunk lid unlocks ,ever since I have never had an incident ,or surprises of finding the trunk open ,my current setting is:trans placed in "P" no effect on locks, key out of the ignition all doors unlock,interior lights go on,transmission placed in ''D'' doors lock, to unlock the trunk I have to first unlock the doors then the trunk.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
During one of my visits to the dealership for regular service probably a year ago, I also asked the technician if they could change the way the locks work ,they hooked up the computer to my car ,gave me a few options that he found are possible and showed to me ,so I chose the one i wanted ,but accidentally he also changed the way the trunk lid unlocks ,ever since I have never had an incident ,or surprises of finding the trunk open ,my current setting is:trans placed in "P" no effect on locks, key out of the ignition all doors unlock,interior lights go on,transmission placed in ''D'' doors lock, to unlock the trunk I have to first unlock the doors then the trunk.
Having my doors unlock and interior lights on while placed in park is a nuisance. I need to see if mines can be set to my preferences.

·
22,793 Posts
From JT's description, and some others I have read in the past, this thing is pretty do-able. Nice option to have. Looks as if someone at Hyundai had some forethought into this.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Having my doors unlock and interior lights on while placed in park is a nuisance. I need to see if mines can be set to my preferences.
Well that nuisance is my preference ,and I like it that way, that's why there is different setting for different levels of convenience.

·
Registered
93 Posts
From JT's description, and some others I have read in the past, this thing is pretty do-able. Nice option to have. Looks as if someone at Hyundai had some forethought into this.
I agree that having the option for an owner to choose their preferences is a great feature.

However, I'm a bit surprised that the settings aren't made adjustable through on-board controls from the driver's seat vice having to take it to a service center (where they link to the car's systems with a computer).
My Azzie was the same way, whereas, I had to go through a dealer to set my preferences. What was funny to me was when I took delivery of the Azzie, they never even mentioned to me that I COULD have those features adjusted to my preferences. I later learned that through reading on this forum, then had the adjustments made while I had the car in for warranty. They didn't charge me to do that then.
I think the Genesis that came out two years later allowed all adjustments to be done on-board through their TECH package controls.

My 2005 Chevy Silverado that I bought AFTER my Azzie DOES allow me to set door locks, lights, power folding mirrors and other preferences right there through buttons on the steering wheel and the digital display in the instrument cluster.

My 2011 Elantra, while loaded with great features for a car in its class, sure seems lacking for actually having such features but having no way to make preference changes without going through the service department. PLUS, I'd expect that they may charge a fee for do so.

As it stands, I'll just leave the settings in my Elantra as they are.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Just in case anyone with a Tech Package is wondering, this DOES work on our cars and I'll add it to the 'Tips & Tricks' thread, too. :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Maybe someone can answer this. If I get out of my sedan, after parking, all doors are unlocked. If it's at home, in my garage, and I leave it unlocked and come back later, all doors except the driver door are now locked. If I happen to come out later without my smart key to unlock it I find this annoying. After changing with the above trick, I thought it might change this behavior, but does not. Would this be something the dealer can change?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I had my 11 Santa Fe doors programmed to stay locked until I pulled the key from the ignition. Security reasons.
This lock option is one I'd rather have.

As for the lights, there's times I liked the function, but more often didn't. I prefer the basic open the door light operation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just in case anyone with a Tech Package is wondering, this DOES work on our cars and I'll add it to the 'Tips & Tricks' thread, too. :)
And you hereby represent one of the great features in having yourself and others moderating this forum. "Ask (even if nobody did DIRECTLY), and ye shall receive."

With newer technologies integrated into our cars (and smart phones) more & more each year, someday THEY too shall be as intuitive.

That concept is scary...:blink:

·
22,793 Posts
With newer technologies integrated into our cars (and smart phones) more & more each year, someday THEY too shall be as intuitive.

That concept is scary...:blink:
And the older I become, the scarier it becomes. I'll adapt. No issue, there. Just please, PLEASE, don't incorporate that talking control voice similar to what was introduced in the 1980's with the 280Z's. I'm okay with the "Blue Tooth Lady," but that's nearing the edge of my tolerance limits. If I want to hear a female's voice telling me what to do or how to do it, I'll just stay home! ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The "default" setting of one push unlocking only the driver's door is a safety feature. Think about walking to your car at night and having someone waiting by the passenger door and opening it and getting in once all doors are unlocked. My father's old Corolla which did not have a key fob worked this way by using the key. One turn unlocked the drivers door, an additional turn unlocked the rest.

Since my wife frequently walks to the car after work at night I think I will leave it in the default setting.

edit: I see the safety aspect of the default setting is mentioned in Tips and Tricks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
what he said

Maybe someone can answer this. If I get out of my sedan, after parking, all doors are unlocked. If it's at home, in my garage, and I leave it unlocked and come back later, all doors except the driver door are now locked. If I happen to come out later without my smart key to unlock it I find this annoying. After changing with the above trick, I thought it might change this behavior, but does not. Would this be something the dealer can change?
What he said. Haven't figured this out either, but annoying!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts