Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having some problems with the new cold air intake on my '03 tiburon gt. everything runs fine, and car sounds great, but after I drive anywhere from 50-100 miles the check engine light comes on. I've reset it a couple times by unplugging the battery. The check engine light then stays off, until the whole process is repeated again. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, and if so how could i fix it. thanks a lot guys

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (Votts811 @ Apr 30 2010, 08:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318207
Having some problems with the new cold air intake on my '03 tiburon gt. everything runs fine, and car sounds great, but after I drive anywhere from 50-100 miles the check engine light comes on. I've reset it a couple times by unplugging the battery. The check engine light then stays off, until the whole process is repeated again. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be, and if so how could i fix it. thanks a lot guys
Yes, put your Car back to the condition it was in before you modded it? :whistling:

·
Registered
25 Posts
check all your connectors around the right side of the engine so all of them is OK and connected.
If you dont find anything take it to a Hyundai dealer and get the faulty codes checked.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Seems a simple scan of PCM is in order to see what particular circuit is out of line to trigger the MIL.. Then go from there based on the code present.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys, yeh I'm gunna go get it scanned sometime this week and see what happens. Appreciate the help. :liebe011:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts