Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011Sonata GLS 2.4 Manual Trans. Build date April of 2011. I changed my struts with Monroe replacements. I have seen on the threads that if I used the Monroe parts and my vehicle build date was before 07/11 they would work. I replaced them before I knew any of this.About 4 months ago. Both the sway bar links are at there limits to fit onto the bar and strut link bracket. So I am going through links like crazy. I tried two different sets and I have the same issue. I was wondering if there is anyone who has the stock struts and set up that could take a pic with the wheel off so I can see how mine compares. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's kind of adjustable sway bar links and seems work
so it sounds like you have heard of this issue before. Anyone come up with a solution? Adjustable sway bar links could work for sure but sound costly. Perhaps someone has found a link on another vehicle all together that would work. I do have the option of moving the bracket and welding it in the correct location but I need a reference to the OEM set up. Again if anyone could find a pic or take one for me that would help.?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
When you replace struts, you can EASILY see if the old/new are the same side by side. If they weren't, you should've never installed them.

Time for new OE struts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you replace struts, you can EASILY see if the old/new are the same side by side. If they weren't, you should've never installed them.

Time for new OE struts.
Thanks, I worked in a shop at the time in fact. Installed side by side with a technician. If the Sway bar link bracket was 90 degrees off it may have been overlooked by mistake. That's why I'd like an OE picture of this exact car if anyone can provide it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts