Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Parrot MKi9200 kit in my '06 Santa Fe. The install was a bit tricky but after getting hold of the right harness it was all systems go. The problem(s) I have have are:

1) When the unit is powered up but not playing any music I get a high pitched noise form the speakers which changes in frequency with the engine revs.
2) Again when the unit is powered up but not playing music and I put the lights on and turn down the rheostat that controls the dash illumination it also get a buzzing through the speakers.

This is very annoying. I doesn't happen when there is music playing from the kit so I have taken to putting music on and turning the volume right down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam :)

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (bacardigold @ Oct 9 2010, 03:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362171
I recently installed a Parrot MKi9200 kit in my '06 Santa Fe. The install was a bit tricky but after getting hold of the right harness it was all systems go. The problem(s) I have have are:

1) When the unit is powered up but not playing any music I get a high pitched noise form the speakers which changes in frequency with the engine revs.
2) Again when the unit is powered up but not playing music and I put the lights on and turn down the rheostat that controls the dash illumination it also get a buzzing through the speakers.

This is very annoying. I doesn't happen when there is music playing from the kit so I have taken to putting music on and turning the volume right down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Adam :)
You've got issues common to a lot of aftermarket audio installations. It would help to know what, if anything, you have physically wired up to your Parrot and how it is powered (e.g., an iPod?) Both of your problems are power/ground related and could either be a function of noisy vehicle power (alternator whine is what you're hearing in #1) or a ground loop caused by audio lines.

It is possible that both your first and second problems could be solved by adding an in-line choke in series with the fuses where the Parrot derives its vehicle power. You may need to add one to both lines "A" and "B" (see your manual), or just one of them. No way of knowing whether it's one or both from here.

It is also possible that the problem is caused by a ground loop between an iPod or other device connected to the Parrot and any vehicle power being supplied to that device. In such cases, you may need to sort out how to add an isolation transformer in-line with the audio between the device and the Parrot.

Can you provide some added detail of your installation -- anything other than the Parrot involved in this?

Edit: Read my post the next day and realized I'd forgotten something obvious - Do you have anything else connected to your vehicle's audio system beside the Parrot?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 Sante Fe with the infinity sound system, nav/dvd/xm slide in unit. It does not have the ipod connection anywhere on the unit. So I tried the Parrot 9200. It was a disaster for me. It kept freezing up and a number of trips to the install shop later I told the installer to remove and replace the entire OEM unit with an Alpine INA-W900BT.

The thing they couldn't do is hook up the steering wheel audio controls because they were not sure of the wiring and might set off the air bag if they tried the wrong one. I found a PAC SWI-JACK but the wiring instructions don't match with the colors in the vehicle so my new installer wasn't confident in trying wires in the event the airbag would be set off. I have been searching for wiring diagrams for the stereo and steering controls for quite a while. Is there any place I can find these on-line? I have tried the dealer of course and didn't expect they would be helpful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (canderson @ Oct 9 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362214
You've got issues common to a lot of aftermarket audio installations. It would help to know what, if anything, you have physically wired up to your Parrot and how it is powered (e.g., an iPod?) Both of your problems are power/ground related and could either be a function of noisy vehicle power (alternator whine is what you're hearing in #1) or a ground loop caused by audio lines.

It is possible that both your first and second problems could be solved by adding an in-line choke in series with the fuses where the Parrot derives its vehicle power. You may need to add one to both lines "A" and "B" (see your manual), or just one of them. No way of knowing whether it's one or both from here.

It is also possible that the problem is caused by a ground loop between an iPod or other device connected to the Parrot and any vehicle power being supplied to that device. In such cases, you may need to sort out how to add an isolation transformer in-line with the audio between the device and the Parrot.

Can you provide some added detail of your installation -- anything other than the Parrot involved in this?

Edit: Read my post the next day and realized I'd forgotten something obvious - Do you have anything else connected to your vehicle's audio system beside the Parrot?
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to help me. I will try and answer your questions as well as possible.
I have replaced the OEM head unit for eonon unit bought from China on Ebay. The Parrot kit connects to the amplifier under the drivers seat, not through the head unit. The ipod is connected and powered via the docking plug that the Parrot provides.

Hope this helps

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Elrod @ Oct 9 2010, 02:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362252
I have a 2009 Sante Fe with the infinity sound system, nav/dvd/xm slide in unit. It does not have the ipod connection anywhere on the unit. So I tried the Parrot 9200. It was a disaster for me. It kept freezing up and a number of trips to the install shop later I told the installer to remove and replace the entire OEM unit with an Alpine INA-W900BT.

The thing they couldn't do is hook up the steering wheel audio controls because they were not sure of the wiring and might set off the air bag if they tried the wrong one. I found a PAC SWI-JACK but the wiring instructions don't match with the colors in the vehicle so my new installer wasn't confident in trying wires in the event the airbag would be set off. I have been searching for wiring diagrams for the stereo and steering controls for quite a while. Is there any place I can find these on-line? I have tried the dealer of course and didn't expect they would be helpful.

Hi there,

You need to start a new topic as this topic is about my Parrot install.

Regards

Adam :grin:

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (bacardigold @ Oct 17 2010, 11:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364082
Hi,

Thanks for taking time out to help me. I will try and answer your questions as well as possible.
I have replaced the OEM head unit for eonon unit bought from China on Ebay. The Parrot kit connects to the amplifier under the drivers seat, not through the head unit. The ipod is connected and powered via the docking plug that the Parrot provides.

Hope this helps

Adam
OK - good to hear you don't have any peripheral gear hooked up that derives power from yet another source. That can make a mess of things.

I'd start by trying to add the chokes in-line as described above to see if that doesn't cut down substantially on the noise. Devices such as the following have been known to do a world of good for your specific symptoms:

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-NS10-InLine-..._sim_dbs_auto_5
ditto from this source
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/NS10/detail.asp

As I say, I can't tell from the wiring diagram of the Parrot which of the two power inputs is the more important, but adding one to each won't hurt a thing and may improve the situation further.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (canderson @ Oct 17 2010, 01:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=364092
OK - good to hear you don't have any peripheral gear hooked up that derives power from yet another source. That can make a mess of things.

I'd start by trying to add the chokes in-line as described above to see if that doesn't cut down substantially on the noise. Devices such as the following have been known to do a world of good for your specific symptoms:

http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-NS10-InLine-..._sim_dbs_auto_5
ditto from this source
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/NS10/detail.asp

As I say, I can't tell from the wiring diagram of the Parrot which of the two power inputs is the more important, but adding one to each won't hurt a thing and may improve the situation further.
Thanks for the info. I will have to look at some UK sites that may sell something similar as I am from the UK.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Adam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts