Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced problems with the pearl white reactive paint? My 2014 Equus Ultimate has developed bubbling and peeling of the paint on both the front and rear bumpers. The rear is so bad, the paint is all the way through the primer coat in some places. I can not wash it the way it should be as every time i rub the rear bumper, it just peels off in globs. The front is not so bad, i guess less sun, its just peels here and there and i see pieces of white every time i turn the hose on it. I have been reading the genisis and Santa Fe forums and posting and seems they are expierencing what I’m talking about. There were a couple of class action suits but were put down and from what I’m understanding, you cant file. Most of the cars happen at the end of the paint warrenty, so Hyundai will do nothing. i guess i should count myself lucky as most of the posting i have read, its happening to the roofs or hoods. at least mine is the bumpers but still will cost aprox 900-1200 to fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else experienced problems with the pearl white reactive paint? My 2014 Equus Ultimate has developed bubbling and peeling of the paint on both the front and rear bumpers. The rear is so bad, the paint is all the way through the primer coat in some places. I can not wash it the way it should be as every time i rub the rear bumper, it just peels off in globs. The front is not so bad, i guess less sun, its just peels here and there and i see pieces of white every time i turn the hose on it. I have been reading the genisis and Santa Fe forums and posting and seems they are expierencing what I’m talking about. There were a couple of class action suits but were put down and from what I’m understanding, you cant file. Most of the cars happen at the end of the paint warrenty, so Hyundai will do nothing. i guess i should count myself lucky as most of the posting i have read, its happening to the roofs or hoods. at least mine is the bumpers but still will cost aprox 900-1200 to fix.
I have had the same problem with my white pearl front bumper and had to get it repainted at a local body shop at my expense. The dealer would not help me with this peeling problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts