Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 model Santa Fe. My wife and I bought this used with low mileage. This is our third Santa Fe in a row. A half year after purchasing this one, the vehicle started to stall, the service engine light came on, and it went into limp mode and we could not go over 40 mph with very little power going up hill. I have a code checker and it gave me a P2135 code which has to do with a throttle peddle position sensor. The closest auto repair was not open that day (Sunday) so we dropped it off. The next day, it would not generate a code for them. We shared what we found. They blew out the throttle assembly and it seemed to work fine for about a month. Then it did it again. Same symptoms and code. This time the shop was able to get that code too. They replaced the sensor and throttle assembly and this time for about three and a half months, same thing happened again. This time we got the P2135 AND P213800 code. This is all tied to the throttle peddle sensor and stated that readings were not matching up by the sensors. We had it towed to Autonation Hyundai Dealership here in Georgia. Well, along the way, it seems the code cleared again so they could not read it. They have had it over a week and can not get it to duplicate. This is very frustrating and we found the previous owners (Fleet) had it happen to them too. We did not know this when we purchased the vehicle. My wife drives th his vehicle and I am very worried that if she is pulling out into traffic or on an interstate and this happens again and stalls that it could be very dangerous. She almost got t-boned last time pulling out into traffic when it did this. The dealership says there is nothing they can do if they cannot get the code or the problem to happen while they have it. This is four times happening now to OUR knowledge. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

·
Registered
79 Posts
The throttle position sensor isn't an expensive part. It makes sense that it goes into limp home mode as not knowing where the throttle is causes the ECU to get lost. Agree with them to replace it and drive it. they should be eager to quit wasting their time on it. --Jerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts