Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2014 Azera Limited. Does anyone know what the requirements are for USB drives with mp3 files on them? I've got about 140 gigs of music. I've tried using both 128g and 256g drives, but neither of them display all of my folders. I don't have more than 5 sub-folders in any given folder. I have 5 sub-folders in the root directory. In two of those folders there's sub-folders arraigned by band. In 1 there's 3 sub-folders and then the artist level sub-folders; likewise 4 in 1 and 5 in the other.

It only shows 4 in my root directory, and various numbers in the other sub-folders. All of the music seems to be there in the visible folders, but there's at least 1 folder missing in each sub-directory.

Would anyone, please, be able to tell me what I need to do to get it to see all of my music?

Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The underlying operating system will determine the maximum USB size that can be accessed. I don't know what the operating system is on the 2014 Azera Limited head unit, but many manufacturers still use Windows CE which typically is limited to 32GB unless it supports exFAT. In addition to overall USB size, there can be software or operating system imposed limits on file size, number of folders and subfolders and even file and folder name sizes. Any of these limitations can account for the problems you are experiencing. I couldn't find my 2014 Azera Navigation manual, but have attached the page from the 2012 Azera Navigation manual I found online which shows some of the USB and MP3 specifications. Perhaps the 2014 is similar.

You could experiment starting with a 32GB drive and going up in USB drive size until the problems appear. Also pay attention to the sampling frequency, bit rate and name size specifications to be sure they are compatible.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's pretty much what mine says too. My thinking is that it can see some of the folders, and it can see all of the music in the folders it can see. So I figure if I can figure out all of the "requirements" for folders, subfolders, naming conventions and all that then I might be able to get it to read everything off of my 128 and 256 gig drives. I've emailed corporate and all they say is talk to the blue link people. I've emailed the blue link people and all they say is you have to call them. So I've got that on the to do list for Monday. Thanks for taking the time to try to help me out!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
What I know: I'm using a 32Gb USB 3, Fat formatted, the system reads all MP3 and WMA scattered thoughout folders and sub folders (in excess of 800 songs).

Reactions: thebandet
1 - 4 of 4 Posts