Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day Everyone,

My girlfriend has a 2009 Elantra GL with Automatic Transmission and she has been experiencing an issue where sometimes when she is trying to say back into a parking spot or her driveway she has a hard time shifting into Reverse. The shifter won't move even though she is pushing on the release button.

Has anyone else experienced an issue like this and if so what was the resolution?

Have a great day!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Try pushing brake pedal first, then push release button on shifter, then shift.... see if that works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I know she has her foot on the brake because she is always stopped and just trying to get the vehicle into reverse after having it in drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I always back into spaces and also noticed I sometimes have the same problem on my 09, except I do not have a button release to engage the shifter. I just have to shift it back into drive then it will easily shift back into reverse. Hopefully it's not something that will become a major issue after a few years. :-/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (kwilson303 @ Oct 12 2010, 05:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363041
I always back into spaces and also noticed I sometimes have the same problem on my 09, except I do not have a button release to engage the shifter. I just have to shift it back into drive then it will easily shift back into reverse. Hopefully it's not something that will become a major issue after a few years. :-/
She doesn't have a button on the shifter... I was thinking of her last vehicle. At least she isn't alone with the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts