Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '15 sonata Limited w/ Tech package has been having some strange issues appear with the clock on the Navigation unit.

A few weeks back, I noticed that the Date/time display across the top of the navigation screen was showing May 28. When I dug down into the clock settings, it was pulling the date May 28, year 2035 from the GPS signal. Each day it would increment to the next day.

Then last week, the date and time would not load across the screen at all. Only the normal blue bar appears across the screen without any text or numbers.
With the Daylight Savings time change over the weekend, I tried to change the time on the LCD clock in the middle of the dashboard, the clock settings are grayed out and I can not change anything.

I already hit the reset button next to the knob on the dash, and also pulled the 15A fuse but neither one helped to reset anything.

Any ideas before I take this to the dealer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't have any ideas, but I'd love to find out. My clock is set to change on daylight savings and pull the time/date from GPS, but it has not switched back to standard time. I tried running GPS to see if that would trigger going back an hour, but it didn't work.

I may be overlooking the obvious, but I don't see anywhere to set the time/date manually.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I don't have any ideas, but I'd love to find out. My clock is set to change on daylight savings and pull the time/date from GPS, but it has not switched back to standard time. I tried running GPS to see if that would trigger going back an hour, but it didn't work.

I may be overlooking the obvious, but I don't see anywhere to set the time/date manually.
The daylight savings setting is not to observe it. The setting is a yes/no answer. And right now the answer is no so you need to turn it off.

We've already seen the U.S. change when DST is observed. Other countries change on different dates. And the U.S. could change again in the future.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My '15 sonata Limited w/ Tech package has been having some strange issues appear with the clock on the Navigation unit.

A few weeks back, I noticed that the Date/time display across the top of the navigation screen was showing May 28. When I dug down into the clock settings, it was pulling the date May 28, year 2035 from the GPS signal. Each day it would increment to the next day.

Then last week, the date and time would not load across the screen at all. Only the normal blue bar appears across the screen without any text or numbers.
With the Daylight Savings time change over the weekend, I tried to change the time on the LCD clock in the middle of the dashboard, the clock settings are grayed out and I can not change anything.

I already hit the reset button next to the knob on the dash, and also pulled the 15A fuse but neither one helped to reset anything.

I assume you unselected the gps time option and then tried to manually change to the date/time settings ... you can't change the time manually while gps time is selected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you unselected the gps time option and then tried to manually change to the date/time settings ... you can't change the time manually while gps time is selected.
That's the problem... ALL of the options are grayed out. Can't select manual time or GPS time.

Maybe it's time to head to the dealer for diagnosis.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The daylight savings setting is not to observe it. The setting is a yes/no answer. And right now the answer is no so you need to turn it off.

We've already seen the U.S. change when DST is observed. Other countries change on different dates. And the U.S. could change again in the future.
Thanks for this -- the DST setting was the answer. I figured that it meant it would change automatically. One of those little nits in this car that doesn't quite operate as you might imagine.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for this -- the DST setting was the answer. I figured that it meant it would change automatically. One of those little nits in this car that doesn't quite operate as you might imagine.
The funny thing is, the only reason I know this is because I've run into this on every other I've had with navigation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any luck finding the resolution...mine just did this also

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is very strange it is happening to multiple cars on the same day. I had posted a separate thread on this exact same issue. I wonder if there was some sort of signal glitch that sort of hung the time decoding in the head unit. Anyway, I can confirm that the Jeremy SD card fix seems to work better if you do it with your car on. I tried it both ways and it only worked when I did it with the nav unit already on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just happened to my 2016 Hyundai Veloster about 2 hours ago.... tried removing SD card exactly as described above, still no clock display.

·
Registered
8 Posts
B8895BFC-B7FD-4437-974B-C3D8D0F2310B.jpeg
Display looks the same with or without card in. No date or time shown and is grayed our in clock settings so I can not change any settings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@B_Wilson - Can the GPS Time Option be changed? That was the only one I could change on my system. Maybe turn it on (if possible) and do the SD card pull again? Did you see the system reboot after pulling and reinserting with the nav unit on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No the gps time option can not be changed. Yes it rebooted after pulling out card with nav on and then putting back in. Still no changes. :(

1 - 20 of 185 Posts