Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hyundai Owners,

I just got a 2001 Hyundai XG30 with 150K on it. The power steering hoses were punctured, which I changed. After changing them, when I started the car, with gear in parking position, it revs to about 2200rpm and stays there (idling). Anytime I press the brake pedal, there will be a sound like ko ko ko (suspected to be around the air system) and the rev will come down to 1000rpm then go up again to 2200rpm, the sound will then stop. Also, when the air conditioner is switched on, the rev will come down to 1000rpm and stay there. If the gear is on drive or reverse and I press the brake pedal, the rev will come down between 800 and 900 rpm and stay there till I lift my leg off the pedal; and there will be a little vibration with the engine sounding as if it is about to go off, but will not. When I press down the throttle pedal or driving, the rev will not exceed 3300rpm and the maximum speed I can get is about 60 to 70 km/hr on a long stretch road. If I stop and shift the gear to parking, the rev will go back to about 2200rpm. If I start it from cold and leave it idling, it will take sometime to reach 2200rpm, but when started from hot, it will immediately go to 2200rpm.

I went to Hyundai Service Centre, the analysis showed Throttle Actuator Control System Motor Malfunction, with P1118 as fault code. The service center does not handle XG30s, so they couldn’t even show me the faulty item because it is not in there system. The Hyundai guy is saying that the fault is likely to be that of Accelerator Position Sensor which he asked me to replace. The Check Engine Light has been on.

The Chassis number is KMHFU41DP1A115079.

Please I need advice on the problem because I don’t have any experience on Hyundai vehicle. The problem came on the second day I drove the car.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

there is quite a lot of information which relates to your problem already posted in the 'granduer/XG' forum check it out

also you can log on to www.hmaservice.com (you will need to register but its free and there is all the information that you will need there)

the throttle posistion sensor is very easy to change, can you get parts for your XG in your part of the world?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much,

I have somebody in Switz, where the car was from; presently I am in Liege, Belgium and hoping to get the part before going back. I want to be sure of what part is the problem before ordering. Is the problem Throttle Position Sensor, or Accelerator Position Sensor (Part number 353573 B011). The Hyundai Sales and Service Centre in my area after their analysis showed P1118 - Throttle Actuator Control System Motor Malfunction, told me that it is Acceleration Position Sensor that I need to change. I think the problem has to do with throttle. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

there is quite a lot of information which relates to your problem already posted in the 'granduer/XG' forum check it out

also you can log on to Hyundai Service Website (you will need to register but its free and there is all the information that you will need there)

the throttle posistion sensor is very easy to change, can you get parts for your XG in your part of the world?

seems like hmaservice.com is for the american hyundai car xg300 and not for the xg30 which the guy seems to own,
Is the information for the xg300 identical to the xg30 ?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
seems like hmaservice.com is for the american hyundai car xg300 and not for the xg30 which the guy seems to own,
Is the information for the xg300 identical to the xg30 ?
I would expect the two cars to be identical. If you find something that is different, then let us know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts